Adjunct Nursing Faculty, Medical/Surgical
- South University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Instructional Technology & Design, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development, Distance Education Programs, Instructional Technology & Design (Campus)
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Instruct and facilitate meaningful learning of the course outcomes
in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the
learning environment. Provide education through learning-centered
instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving
needs of the marketplace. Encourage a culture of learning that
values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning,
diversity, and ethics as well as personal and professional
development. Assure that the South University philosophy: quality
service to students; development, growth, involvement, and
recognition of employees; and an environment conducive to
innovation, positive thinking, and expansion is considered in
carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Participate in activities that promote the stature of the academic
programs, departments, and colleges and abide by the South
University Board of Trustees and administration's
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Manage the educational process to ensure every student is involved in a positive educational experience through the learning, teaching, and social environment.
- Perform faculty responsibilities as outlined in the faculty job description in accordance with the provisions of Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Provide course instruction that aligns with the South University model of curricula and supports the South University style of system delivery.
- Design and deliver instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course outcomes, the development of activities that support lesson objectives, and for online courses, deliver the instruction as approved within each course shell.
- Effectively utilize technology in the classroom to support the student learning experience.
- Enable the achievement of pre-defined outcomes for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction that fosters proficiency and establishes student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing an educational environment conducive to learning and student involvement and effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule and exhibiting a passion for teaching and students, and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manage the educational environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies consistent with the school, campus, or online division.
- Relate professional/life/industry experience to learning by continuing professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Participate in the faculty development process to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities in learner-centered instruction.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with supervisor(s), faculty, and other South University administrators.
- Contribute to a learning culture by participating in curriculum and system task forces, support local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participate in various other workshops and meetings.
- Bachelor's in Nursing required; MSN, DNP or PhD in Nursing preferred.
- Teaching discipline, direct supervision by a faculty member experienced in the teaching discipline, regular in-service training, and planned and periodic evaluations.
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Membership in a professional association tied to the area of instruction preferred.
- Active, valid, and unencumbered state licensure or certification as applicable to the discipline.
- At least six months of teaching experience at South University or another post-secondary education institution preferred
- Academic Processes - knowledge of university guidelines, course descriptions, and academic terminology
- Clerical - knowledge of office administrative procedures, including accurate record-keeping
- Computer - ability to perform basic computer processes, including word processing, web browsing, and utilization of Microsoft Office
- Technical Knowledge and Application - proficiency with the online learning environment, including the creation of digital media and utilization of learning management systems
- Mathematics – ability to perform basic
- Critical Thinking - uses logic and reasoning to look at different types of information in order to make conclusions and work through problems
- Research - Locates key facts and information to learn more about different types of information
- Interpersonal Skills - communicates and interacts with people effectively while being aware of social perceptions
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual
with a disability" means
an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable
accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to communicate professionally in person, over the
telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the
office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and
visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.Other details Job Family All Positions Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert