Assistant Athletic Director - Events & Facilities
- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 4, 2023
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's academic success. The Assistant Athletic Director - Events & Facilities shall have the primary responsibilities of managing the Wellness Center, Harry T. Moore Baseball Field, off-campus facilities, events, and programming as well as supervising select areas. This customer-centric role will provide leadership in the Wellness Center for planning; development; and implementation of the University facilities planning function.
Manage the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Center. Coordinate scheduling, events, and programming in collaboration with hospitality, facilities and operations, and University stakeholders. Establishing and adhering to policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines in compliance with the policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines of all the University, NAIA, state, and Federal Laws.
- Coordinates and schedules maintenance; building repairs; renovations; property control; and other physical property.
- May monitor and assess hazardous and unsafe situations
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Facilities and Plant Operations regarding campus and physical planning activities of Facilities Management.
- Resolve customer complaints, including interpretation of policies, rules, and regulations as it relates to the wellness facility.
- Works with University leadership for input and feedback on all facility operations.
- Organize internal activities as requested and aids with various projects.
- Conduct research and development recommendations.
- Document and maintain proper record keeping of incident reports, accident reports, and other documentation.
- Serve on campus-wide events and planning committees.
- Serves as a game management administrator at designated athletic events.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and problem-solve multiple projects.
- Provide fundraising support independently and collaboratively.
- Serve as sports supervisor for selected sports.
- Oversee the equipment room and staff.
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and the FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
- Ability to work under pressure and in fast-paced environments. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Be able to communicate with all levels of staff and make unbiased decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job, identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- The position requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with three (3) plus years of progressive experience in intercollegiate athletic program administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert