Student Information Systems Administrator
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Student Affairs, Financial Aid
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Lake-Sumter State College delivers student success through personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency, and
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student success!
The Student Information Systems Administrator is responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of the College’s processing components, functionalities, and related systems using Ellucian-Banner Software and Oracle/SQL language and ensures compliance in processing. The position would be responsible for systems maintenance in the Financial Aid, Admission& Records departments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Financial Aid Office, Admissions and Records offices and IT, keeping track of issues and modifications.
- Create reports using SQL and Excel to satisfy the information needs of the departments. Collaborate with Financial Aid, Admissions & Records in the design of ad-hoc reporting.
- Write and manage the creation of Population Selections (Popsels) using SQL-like command language. Collaborate with IT to set up Oracle Job Scheduler Chain. Perform all testing for the Banner system, as well as Communication Management and Oracle Job scheduler.
- Assist Financial Aid, Admissions, and Records in resolving systems-related awarding and reporting inconsistencies; develops systemic resolutions to minimize current manual processes.
- Manage daily updates to the Financial Aid records; import and export load processes; transmission of loan and Pell origination/ disbursement, and transfer monitoring data.
- Organize, plan, and coordinate the activities associated with the annual and ongoing system set-ups and maintenance for automated activities.
- Serve as an intermediary between the departments and IT in the resolution of problems associated with planning and utilization of the Banner Ellucian system, including patches and upgrades. Responsible for implementation and testing of all module upgrades and patches.
- Assist in programming, maintaining, and upgrades for Degree Works.
- Verify State (Term Based and overall year) and Federal data submission (IPEDS) for accuracy before submission.
- Evaluate college-wide procedures and implementation strategies of system-related modifications.
- Manage Ellucian Banner letter generation processes to optimize use, resolving problems as they occur. Actively seek to maximize opportunities for automation and improve student communication.
- Manage the CRM database functions, including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks
- Create and maintain connections to any 3rd party systems used by Financial Aid, Admissions & Records.
- Monitor security access for Banner user roles in each department.
- Train staff on system use and annual updates.
Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution is required, Masters degree preferred
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education technology/ student information systems, preferably Ellucian BANNER. Experience with Federal Regulations, and Department of Education Financial Aid systems. Experience with SQL, Oracle databases, MS Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of state, federal and institutional regulations and guidelines relating to financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with SCT Banner financial aid software and demonstrated skills in electronic spreadsheet and database software.
- Financial/fiscal management skills including forecasting and projections.
- Excellent analytical, information management, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding human relations, written, oral and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership in the areas of supervision, teaching, training, and motivating staff.
- Ability to provide effective leadership, inter and intra-departmentally, to leveraging strategies to enhance recruitment and retention.
- Strong student/customer service orientation
- *Knowledge of Title IV Aid and State Aid rules and regulations.
- Experience in extracting and creating data queries in a relational database system; technical expertise with development and management of Population Selections; analytical skills and the ability to create and maintain documentation are required.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and experience in SQL/Plus and Oracle preferred.
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert