Lake-Sumter State College
delivers student success through
personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding
careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency,
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes
are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
The Student Information Systems Administrator is responsible for
the ongoing development and maintenance of the College’s processing
components, functionalities, and related systems using
Ellucian-Banner Software and Oracle/SQL language and ensures
compliance in processing. The position would be responsible for
systems maintenance in the Financial Aid, Admission& Records
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Financial Aid Office,
Admissions and Records offices and IT, keeping track of issues and
- Create reports using SQL and Excel to satisfy the information
needs of the departments. Collaborate with Financial Aid,
Admissions & Records in the design of ad-hoc reporting.
- Write and manage the creation of Population Selections
(Popsels) using SQL-like command language. Collaborate with IT to
set up Oracle Job Scheduler Chain. Perform all testing for the
Banner system, as well as Communication Management and Oracle Job
- Assist Financial Aid, Admissions, and Records in resolving
systems-related awarding and reporting inconsistencies; develops
systemic resolutions to minimize current manual processes.
- Manage daily updates to the Financial Aid records; import and
export load processes; transmission of loan and Pell origination/
disbursement, and transfer monitoring data.
- Organize, plan, and coordinate the activities associated with
the annual and ongoing system set-ups and maintenance for automated
- Serve as an intermediary between the departments and IT in the
resolution of problems associated with planning and utilization of
the Banner Ellucian system, including patches and upgrades.
Responsible for implementation and testing of all module upgrades
- Assist in programming, maintaining, and upgrades for Degree
- Verify State (Term Based and overall year) and Federal data
submission (IPEDS) for accuracy before submission.
- Evaluate college-wide procedures and implementation strategies
of system-related modifications.
- Manage Ellucian Banner letter generation processes to optimize
use, resolving problems as they occur. Actively seek to maximize
opportunities for automation and improve student
- Manage the CRM database functions, including user account
maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine
- Create and maintain connections to any 3rd party systems used
by Financial Aid, Admissions & Records.
- Monitor security access for Banner user roles in each
- Train staff on system use and annual updates.
Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution is required, Masters
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in higher
education technology/ student information systems, preferably
Ellucian BANNER. Experience with Federal Regulations, and
Department of Education Financial Aid systems. Experience with SQL,
Oracle databases, MS Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of state, federal and institutional regulations and
guidelines relating to financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with SCT Banner financial aid
software and demonstrated skills in electronic spreadsheet and
- Financial/fiscal management skills including forecasting and
- Excellent analytical, information management, and
- Outstanding human relations, written, oral and presentation
- Proven leadership in the areas of supervision, teaching,
training, and motivating staff.
- Ability to provide effective leadership, inter and
intra-departmentally, to leveraging strategies to enhance
recruitment and retention.
- Strong student/customer service orientation
- *Knowledge of Title IV Aid and State Aid rules and
- Experience in extracting and creating data queries in a
relational database system; technical expertise with development
and management of Population Selections; analytical skills and the
ability to create and maintain documentation are required.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and
experience in SQL/Plus and Oracle preferred.
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals
and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s
standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.