Program Director I - (STA011523)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Grants & Contracts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
**INTERNAL POSTING ONLY**
Directs an ongoing university program to ensure that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with its mission and/or specified objectives. Prepares short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops and administers methods, strategies and procedures for meeting program objectives; directs and oversees the daily activities of staff members.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget and ensures that expenditures are within budget allocation.
- Directs and coordinates personally, or through subordinate personnel, activities concerned with carrying out the objectives of the program.
- Directs the preparation of and reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives; modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attains objectives.
- Analyzes trends within program areas, maintaining expert awareness of program information and change needs.
- Formulates, implements, and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning program administration.
- Manages and administers grant for program, including meetings, communication coordination, scholarships and other operations.
- May prepare or participate in the preparation of proposals to obtain grants from state and federal agencies, and private foundation sponsors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Experience will not be considered in lieu of education.
Education will not be considered in lieu of experience.
This position will be contingent upon available funds for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Higher Education advising experience and familiarity with current and future trends and developments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, problem solve, exercise excellent judgment, demonstrate critical thinking skills and adapt to shifting priorities in diverse setting.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external constituents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with freshmen college success issues.
- Experience with curriculum design.
- Experience with teaching at the higher education level.
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert