Program Coordinator II - (STA011522)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Grants & Contracts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Coordinates and provides senior-level administrative support to an ongoing program at the University.
- Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Participates in planning and develops methods for program implementation and administration; coordinates program activities and processes.
- Reviews program records and reports of activities. Recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required.
- Prepares recurring and ad hoc program reports for management use.
- Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, and other documentation as required for the program.
- Participates in budget planning and is responsible for controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the program.
- Conducts formal training or gives instruction regarding program policies and procedures.
- Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals and objectives of the program.
- Develops and maintains database on research studies, policy issues, etc.Performs other job related duties as required.
Associates and 1 year experience
Education: Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field. Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Experience will not be considered in lieu of education.
Education will be considered in lieu of experience.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, problem solve, exercise excellent judgment, demonstrate critical thinking skills and adapt to shifting priorities in diverse setting.
- Ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Experience inputting, summarizing, and evaluating data.
- Experience scheduling, training, and supervising student workers in a higher education setting.
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert