Faculty - Adjunct - English
- Pittsburgh Technical College
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 4, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to PTC students and employees is essential.
Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit and regionally accredited institution committed to higher education excellence and focused on academic and professional success. Located in Western Pennsylvania since 1946, PTC awards associate and bachelor’s degrees and certificates in these areas: Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Design and Engineering Technology, Healthcare, Nursing, Information Systems and Technology, Trades Technology, and Energy and Electronics Technology. The PTC college experience is empowering and culminates in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking students.
Purpose of Job
Pittsburgh Technical College is looking for an experienced individual to teach coursework in the School of Education as a primary job function. This faculty position will focus on:
Teach coursework in the General Education Programs.
Provide training and student support to produce graduates who meet entry-level employment criteria for positions in specific field.
- Master’s Degree in English or a related field is required
- State Teaching Certification not required
- A minimum of four years’ full-time related work experience or an equivalent combination of professional and educational experience required
- Preference given to candidates with secondary and post-secondary prior teaching experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach and support curriculum and assessment initiatives in both on campus and online courses
- Collaborate with academic leadership and program faculty to deliver course learning materials, assessments, and competencies to students
- Support students with achieving course competencies through scheduled course time, office hours, and feedback
- Grade student assessments within a week (or 72 hours for online courses) and record attendance, grades, and information regarding student progress in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Prepare students for entry level employment
Pittsburgh Technical College (hereinafter “PTC”) will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with known disabilities if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship and/or a direct threat to the health and/or safety of the individual or others.
For additional information regarding PTC’s disability accommodation, please contact Human Resources
Other Job Information
Must pass criminal background check prior to starting position
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement:
PTC is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all positions. PTC believes that the gathering and celebration of unique experiences, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. Our mission is to champion a community of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a spirit of civility.
To learn more about DEI’s mission, vision, and values, Visit the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion webpage
Disability Accommodation Statement:
Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position at PTC, please give us a call at 412-809-5100 or email email@example.com
Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), PTC does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students with qualifying disabilities. PTC will provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability. To request reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours will vary based on course(s) being taught and schedule during a 10-week quarter
Equipment used includes desktop or laptop with Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone, and other general office equipment
Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
Work generally performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Performance Measured By
- Student persistence
- Student Instructional Outcomes
- Individual Performance Plans developed by cooperation with the Dean
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert