Environmental Compliance Manager
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Agriculture & Animal Sciences
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Environmental Compliance Manager
Job ID: 250909
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Environmental Health & Safety
Lead environmental program management for the Georgia Southern University community. Collaborate with faculty and staff to set Institutional direction regarding environmental management efforts. Develop, implement, and maintain programs working across campus to reduce negative impacts on the environment and University footprint. Support University Sustainability initiatives.
- Assist in development of and reporting on the Climate Action Plan by collecting and assembling data
- Oversee and implement the following environmental programs: Lead-Based Paint, Asbestos, Hazardous Waste (RCRA), Universal Waste, Clean Air Act, OilStorage (Underground Storage Tanks), Oil SPCC, Safe Drinking Water Act, Used Oil Handling, TSCA (PCBs), Pesticides (FIFRA), Storm water (NPDES Permits including storm water management), Wastewater (General Pretreatment Regulations and Wastewater), EPCRA (Emergency Planning, and Community Right-to-Know Act) and Hazardous Substance Release
- Oversee and implement Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Create solutions to environmental problems
- Provide environmental consultation to academic/administrative units
- Provide and/or present environmental training to students, faculty, and staff
- Oversee or perform environmental inspections in university-owned and operated facilities and document the findings for correction by appropriate department
- Bachelors degree
- Three (3) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- One (1) year managing environmental programs in higher education
$55,000 - $68,700
This is an exempt position paid on a monthly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to develop and implement a variety of ways to collect, analyze and track data
- Ability to build relationships cross-functional campus colleagues
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of common practices and standards related to environmental compliance in higher education
- Working knowledge of sustainability and sustainable practices, especially as they relate to environmental waste
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Collaborative decision-making skills
- Experience with environmental management systems
Apply Before Date
Open Until Filled
Application review may begin as early as November 8, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work in both internal and external environments
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Ability to walk/travel across campus on a regular basis
- Ability to use respiratory protection and other personal protective equipment as deemed necessary
- Standard + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=250909&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert