IT Network Administrator I
- North Carolina Central University
- North Carolina, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
IT Network Administrator I
North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the position is to serve as a Network Analyst to provide technical expertise in the support of network management, network server management, security, and reporting systems. The position functions at a medium skill set with the ability to maintain the integrity of the campus voice and data infrastructure. This position requires analytical troubleshooting and accountability during incidents, tasks, and projects. A primary role of this position will be providing management functions for the Cisco Unified Call Manager solution and SIP circuits. This position will help manage the wireless network throughout campus. The individual must know about physical cabling. This position will work closely with facilities for network integration projects.
Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and 1 year of experience in the Information Technology related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess:
- Knowledge, experience, and management of Cisco’s UCM, UCCX, IM&P, and Unity
- Technical knowledge of Cisco’s L2 networks
- Knowledge of campus desktop systems and operating systems (PC and Mac)
- Knowledge using Cisco Contact Center scripting
- Ensuring that trouble ticket items are investigated and resolved and that necessary equipment repairs are performed
- Ability to configure softphones and other 3rd party VOIP devices
- Ability to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer daily
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Ability to independently manage assigned jobs or project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use the department’s service management system to effectively prioritize workloads that are assigned to the networking team; using sound judgment in the prioritization of tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other units within the infrastructure department
- Ability to perform technical assistance in the resolution of service incidents and service requests and will focus on change, release, configuration, problem, and incident management processes as they relate to network and VOIP management.
- A professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation and enhances productivity in the workplace
- Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert