IT Project Manager I
- North Carolina Central University
- North Carolina, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
IT Project Manager I
North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within the budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Five years’ direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution. Strong familiarity with project management software. Strong knowledge of business process documentation. Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including […]. Ability to develop knowledge base articles and other written correspondence related to project success. Technically competent with various software programs, such as Office, Video Conferencing (Zoom, WebEx),
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert