IT System Administrator I
- North Carolina Central University
- North Carolina, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
IT System Administrator I
North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
Providing support, consultation and/or training for various computer or other technology-based systems. Provide technical support of hardware, applications, operating systems such as Active Directory, Office 365, MS System Center, and SAN and NAS storage environments. .This level requires a broad understanding of a wide variety of technologies to effectively support clients' technical needs. Provide and assist with both routine and non-routine support for a broad range of information related technologies, or may provide in-depth support for a more narrowly defined area of technology.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science Engineering or a closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution; Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in operations/systems work or closely related area;Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or Networking Technology from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in operations/systems work or closely related area;An equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in working with Active Directory and associated components required.
- Experience in Operating Systems installs, specifically Windows 2k12, 2016, 2019 and VmWare, Linux.
- Experience with client/server internal hardware installations such as Host Bus Adapters, Network Interface Cards, and memory in a large computing environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP principals, and operations, IIS, administrative level experience with Windows Operating System.
- Progressive knowledge of computer system hardware setup and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in applying OS updates and security patches.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert