Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is
looking to hire an Electrician to support the Facilities Management
Team. Embry-Riddle's Prescott Campus is respected worldwide for
cutting-edge instruction and training for tomorrow’s aviation,
aerospace, security and intelligence leaders. Prescott is a
mile-high city and its climate reflects seasonable weather
excellent for flying. Daytime averages are 80°F in the summer and
45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above sea level, it boasts a mild
climate, clean air, pristine wilderness areas, and nearby national
forests. The university is a small, private, residential university
in the mountains of Arizona with approximately 3,500 students.
Staff/faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central
theme of our campus. It is located 100 miles north of Phoenix and
120 miles south of the Grand Canyon.
- Accept all responsibilities assigned to the Electrical
Department as delegated by the Department Foreman.
- Construction, inspection, and repair the University’s
- Calculate and order the materials for the job.
- Install new and additional electrical work, remodeling,
- Install electrical conduits and wiring for new equipment.
- Maintain and repair motors, relays, magnetic starters,
- Install and interconnect transformers.
- Repair, maintain, alter or erect any wiring apparatus.
- Maintain and repair kitchen equipment.
- Renovations and construction of existing facilities for new or
- Troubleshooting power lighting systems for faults and
- Repair broken devices and fixtures, etc. General maintenance of
- Maintain and repair emergency lighting systems.
- Respond to service and emergency calls.
- Maintain a safe working environment according to local and
state codes for electrical equipment.
- Ensure efficient operation of electrical equipment.
- Install Telecommunication and data cables to meet state
- Support special events as needed.
- All other job duties as assigned by the Department
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
- Two BC/BS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
room and enjoy observation flights
Associate’s degree or completion of program of 18+ months after
Minimum of five years work related experience.
Required licenses, certificates, and /or security clearances:
- Must be a technical or trades school graduate with at least
four (4) years of classroom training in the electrical industry, or
must have eight (8) years in the electrical trade, maintenance or
construction business, working for a qualified (licensed)
electrical contractor, or must have passed the Journeyman’s
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must understand electrical symbols and be able to interpret
building and electrical blueprints, make calculations and keep
- Must have a thorough knowledge of codes pertaining to
maintenance installation of electrical systems.
- Knowledge of application and use of testing equipment such as
volt meters, amp meters, phase and rotation testers, multi-meters,
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools
related to job functions.
- Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment
subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to operate bucket trucks, high lifts and specialized
- Ability to climb 90’ poles on athletic fields for lamp
replacement or fixture repair.
- Ability to give and to comprehend basic instructions and to
- Must be able to lift and/or carry miscellaneous electrical
equipment or supplies short distances and to push or pull a
handcart. Eye-hand coordination essential for proper operation of
power tools and other work associated with electrical repairs,
- Must be able to safely work on energized equipment under
certain circumstances. Must take necessary precautions protect
themselves and others from the hazards associated with this type of