Digital Media Coordinator, Intermediate (multiple openings)
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Public Relations & Advertising
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Digital Media Coordinator, Intermediate (multiple openings)
Location: Marketing Department
Job ID: 606565
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
Northern Arizona University's Marketing Department is seeking three (3) skilled and experienced Digital Media Coordinator's to join our team. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing (website front-end), this position plans and executes digital marketing initiatives on NAU's web properties, with a primary focus on applying and maintaining Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices through keyword research, regular page audits, and the implementation of new content. Incumbents work with a high degree of autonomy; mentor student staff; provide guidance to Marketing Department clients; assist in client consultations in assigned areas of expertise; and assist with documentational support for best practices and processes.
Search Engine Optimization - 25%
- Strengthen NAU's organic search presence by performing regular webpage audits to track keyword and page performance and optimizing on-page content in accordance with SEO best practices.
- Optimize web content for end user performance: assure hyperlink integrity, image quality, and consistent page layout.
Content Planning and Publishing - 25%
- Contribute to online content development by planning, optimizing, publishing, and maintaining high-quality content across NAU web properties that adheres to university web governance and brand standards.
- Review and recommend edits to copy and content developed by NAU marketing vendors for PPC, SEO, landing page, conversion rate, content marketing, and web development initiatives.
- May design and develop landing pages and provide other support for paid media campaigns.
Program and Resource Coordination - 20%
- Under the Assistant Director's direction, collaborate with Marketing Department, ITS stakeholders, and outside vendors to plan and support new and ongoing web initiatives.
- Support Assistant Director with coordination of day-to-day web team operations, including project intake, task scheduling, resource tracking, and project status communications.
- Coordinate with Marketing Dept stakeholders, including project management team, client services, and creative team.
- Mentor assigned student employees.
Quality Assurance - 15%
- Assist with quality assurance and user acceptance testing for website updates in staging and production environments to confirm page elements are accurate and functioning correctly.
- Verify web properties are compatible across browsers and mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to the proper display of content and website features.
- Ensure web properties reflect 508 accessibility compliance.
Internal Education and Communications - 10%
- Assist with internal education efforts. May include helping to develop webinars, internal training materials and how-to guides, and/or client-focused best practices education/resources.
- Support ongoing efforts to document and communicate best practices, including web-related policies and written procedures.
- May assist in developing internal communications related to major website initiatives.
- May produce and present reports and communications that interpret information for key stakeholders.
Other - 5%
- May assist with reputation management-related monitoring and response.
- Other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Certification in web technology (WebProfessionals.org), HTML/CSS (W3 schools), web accessibility (accessibilityassociation.org), or similar.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- WordPress proficiency.
- Experience with 508 accessibility compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of routine digital media tools, processes, and concepts, such as: Search Engine Optimization, web analytics & reporting, digital content curation, user experience, accessibility, website planning and architecture, photo and video editing for web applications, digital advertising concepts, and relevant social media applications.
- Proficiency in Google-Suite products including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Data Studio, Drive, etc.
- Proficiency in CMS platforms, such as WordPress, to publish web content.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Skill in implementing SEO strategies across multiple types of web properties.
- Skill in writing for the web, including leveraging SEO best practices and AP writing style.
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools including Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, SEOquake, and Google Analytics.
- Skill in preparing media reports and summaries.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of content.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Demonstrates problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Analyzes non-routine situations and anticipates issues.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticipated salary range is $41,421 - $51,776. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
February 2, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606565&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert