Data Acquisition, Integrity
- Willamette University
- Oregon, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Data Acquisition, Integrity & Metrics Assistant
Posting Number: R0004825
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Data Analysis and Systems, the Data Acquisition, Integrity & Metrics Assistant helps ensure the highest quality experience for Willamette alumni and supporters through contributing to top quality data by performing database maintenance tasks, including research, data entry, data verification using the Advancement database of record (The Raiser's Edge) and other research tools according to established procedures. In particular, this position will play a key role in clean up and data transformation for a database merger and follow-on work.
The Data Acquisition, Integrity & Metrics Assistant contributes to an accurate database through clean-up, maintenance, research and auditing of data. The position cross trains with the Data Entry Specialist in Gift Processing to build skills redundancy and prevent single point of failure issues.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data entry of demographic changes received from varied sources
(returned mail, Alumni community updates, bulk lists, Development
- Assist in processing large datasets for data integrity
- Contribute to consistent high quality data through audits,
clean-up, data transformation, data entry and other routine
maintenance and special data projects
- Maintain data accuracy and integrity through data verification,
data audits, simple research, and data entry tasks
- Scan and file receipts and acknowledgments, news articles,
obituaries, weddings & births
- Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Follow instructions furnished in verbal or written
- Participate as a member of the Advancement Strategy &
Operations team in team meetings or ad hoc discussions
- With the support and coaching of the Advancement Strategy &
Operations leadership, recruit, train, and assign projects to
- Communicate and follow up with our partners (within
Advancement, across campus, and third party organizations) on
inquiries about data and data requests in a timely
- Maintain the confidentiality of all activities within the
- Assist as needed with other Institutional Advancement
activities such as events, meetings and site visits
Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Familiarity with MS Office, with an emphasis on MS
- Familiarity with G-Suite, with an emphasis on Google Docs and
- Interact and maintain good working relationships with
individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in
- Demonstrated experience in detail oriented data entry &
data validation tasks; cares about data accuracy & validity,
understands and upholds importance of data as a foundation for
relationship management in support of the University's
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite/Google
skills, with solid skills in Excel
- Able to maintain confidential information, navigate
relationships with finesse, and work to the highest ethical
standards as outlined by the Council for Advancement and Support of
- Attendance and punctuality, sense of humor, and a positive
team-oriented attitude are highly valued
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for signature
events and activities including Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized; detail-oriented; an independent thinker
capable of prioritizing daily, weekly, and monthly tasks, and
completing them with basic direction
- Comfortable with the use of technology, especially
- Ability to communicate effectively and to produce clear,
concise, compelling, donor-centered and detail-oriented
communications and materials
- Past experience in a higher education or non-profit setting
Salary: $17.39 per hour
Typical Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and continue until the position is filled.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Data-Acquisition--Integrity---Metrics-Assistant_R0004825
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert