Water Resources Management
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Administrative Coordinator- WRM will be responsible for
providing administrative support to the Water Resources Management
Department, including the academic programs of Environmental
Engineering and Water Resources Management, and the C. J.
International Center for Water Resources Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the
Chair in carrying out administrative responsibilities within the
Department of Water Resources Management.
• Works closely and establishes relationships with the
Administrative Assistant for the Dean Land Grant Director and the
Administrative Assistants of other departments. • Works with the
ARDP researchers in the C. J. Mc Lin International Center for Water
Resources Management in arranging logistics needed for the Land
Grant research. • Works with the Administrative Assistants of the
1890 Director and Associate Director to coordinate meetings,
external researcher and guest visits related to the ARDP research
in the WRM Center.
• Provides the needed support, data, and other information to the
Dean and Chair for the ABET accreditation-related activities.
• Provides clerical and coordinating assistance to the Chair and
the designated faculty in the development of the Master’s Program
and certificate programs
• Maintains and updates students’ records and files in the
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting,
editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and
• Enters and follows up on departmental requisitions and
budget-related activities to include providing support to Academic
faculty who have Land Grant research assignment to initiate
requisitions and managing receiving, invoice and Request for Travel
• Assists the Chair in researching and routing correspondence,
drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing
information, and initiating telecommunications.
• Assists with event and program preparation, planning, and
• Reviews and edits written material within the Department directed
by the Chair.
• Maintains the Department’s schedule by planning and scheduling
meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
• Coordinate monthly and quarterly reports as necessary.
• Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them in person or on
the telephone, and answering or directing inquiries.
• Manage critical/time-sensitive projects as needed for the
• Establish and maintain files and ensure completeness and
• Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
• Provides historical reference in the Department by developing and
utilizing filing and retrieval systems recording meeting
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
societies as directed by the Chair.
• Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chair
including facilitating the departmental logistic needs, such as
opening and closing the departmental building and providing access
to Land Grant research labs upon request.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required; a minimum combined five years of
professional experience in business, education, engineering,
administration, or a related field is desired.
• Experience with the Banner system is needed to enter purchase
requests and manage department budgets.
• The ability and willingness to work collaboratively; a desire to
build administrative and interdisciplinary relationships in
team-building and facilitation.
• The candidate should be knowledgeable of current
computer/tablet/smart systems-based technologies used in office
work and strategic and organizational planning.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and be able to
lift 10 pounds or more.
Central State is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates
committed to working in a diverse environment.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts