- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 30, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job ID: 251091
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Perform technical grounds work and provide on-site coordination and quality control. Lead a small group of grounds employees in work primarily related to woody plants, herbaceous plants, and ornamental pest management. Prepare turf and fields along with irrigation and turf pest control. Manage transit area maintenance, debris and trash control, and hardscape work. Assist in training employees in proper Grounds procedures in the use and maintenance of tools, equipment, and vehicles for technical work and the technical aspects of installation, application, maintenance, and removal of plants and materials.
- Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Establish maintenance schedules
- Maintain daily logs of work assignments, progress, and amount of time used to complete tasks
- Train crew members on proper cultural requirements for growing grass and other routine landscaping tasks
- Select, utilize, and evaluate procedures, materials, tools, and equipment appropriate for the task
- Provide continuity of grounds services during personnel absences and under emergency conditions by performing the task to cover areas
- Participate in interviews, new hire orientation and training of employees
- Inspect/sign off on all work/project request for assigned area
- Prepare documentation to provide written support and/or convey information relating to personnel matters and facility needs
- Prepare daily shift reports to convey material needs, work order request, project work, and other information relevant to daily operations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of related work experience
- Supervisory experience
$17.25 - $20.57 per hour
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to understand work orders, complete forms, operate hand-held landscaping tools, calculate quantity of plants, materials, etc., needed for projects, operate a service vehicle, provide direction
- Adhere to institutional policy and procedures to meet institutional goals in support of the University mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
Open Until Filled
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- This is a supervisory position.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Use landscaping equipment daily
- Stoop, bend, reach, stand, walk throughout day
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work in varying weather conditions
- Ability to drive University vehicles
- Standard + DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=251091&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert