DRIVER I - Part-Time (UTRGV Laboratory)
- University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 30, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
DRIVER I - Part-Time (UTRGV Laboratory)
Posting Number: SRGV6006
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
To provide skilled work in the routine operations for the UTRGV Laboratory. Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of University vehicles and provide quality service.
Description of Duties:
• Drives and operates assigned vehicle over designated routes or to specific destinations.
• Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of specimens, supplies, reports, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
• Maintain specimen integrity at all times, including utilization of specimen carry bag/courier to transport specimen from office to vehicle by temperature.
• Provides service to internal and external customers in an organized, efficient and professional manner.
• Communicates with supervisors to ensure timely delivery of materials.
• Prepares and maintains records pertaining to vehicle operation including completion of mileage reports.
• Performs daily vehicle inspection and reports needed adjustments or repairs to Supervisor or Vehicle Services.
• Ensures timely scheduling and performance of vehicle maintenance.
• Fuels vehicles.
• Performs minor maintenance and cleaning and of vehicle.
• Adhere to timely performance of service to meet required schedule. Performs related duties as required.
General and specific instructions from supervisor.
High school graduation or GED.
Valid Texas driver’s license. Obtaining a Texas driver’s license is a condition of employment.As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
One (1) year of experience driving a shuttle, bus, tram or passenger van on a commercial basis.
Three (3) or more years of experience driving a shuttle, bus, tram or passenger van on a commercial basis.
Ability to operate vehicles of the type owned by the University.
Ability to use automotive tools in performing minor repairs. Experience working with ADA equipment, i.e. wheelchair lift.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exposure to weather and driving hazards.
Knowledge of motor vehicle operations, methods of passenger loading and unloading, traffic laws, regulations and ordinances, ensuring proper maintenance of motor vehicles and exercising proper safety precautions when operating a vehicle. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical. Knowledge of personal computers, standard office machines, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software or specialized equipment based on assignment.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Part-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 07/05/2022
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
- Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/34544 jeid-556e16233525fb4cb96d17d6034f1a59
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert