Director, Extension Nutrition Education
- Montana State University Extension
- Bozeman, Montana
- Posted Date
- Dec 30, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Nutrition, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Cooperative & Experiential Education, Extension Services, Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
MSU Extension’s Buy Eat Live Better Nutrition Education Program is supported by two United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) grants: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed), in partnership with the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services and the USDA Food and Nutrition Service, and the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP), in partnership with the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall leadership and management of the SNAP-Ed and EFNEP grant programs including grant writing, program planning, personnel management (hiring and training), evaluation, reporting, and budget oversight for both programs in the state of Montana.
- Will collaborate with other agencies and partners at the university, state and federal level to represent both programs and engage in collaborative work to support nutrition education efforts and engage in policy, systems, and environment changes supporting nutrition and physical activity.
- Will write and submit grant plans annually, manage funds, interpret and apply guidance received from the federal agencies.
- Will directly supervise state level staff, and indirectly supervise all field staff.
- Will assess needs and identify and plan for the use and evaluation of curriculum materials and interventions.
- Will work with the Assistant Director to provide training and professional development for SNAP-Ed and EFNEP field faculty and paraprofessionals.
- Will undertake a continuous and cohesive program of professional development.
- Will utilize technological resources including e-mail and web conferencing platforms to communicate with Extension personnel and others.
- Will ensure compliance with civil rights and affirmative action policies.
- Will comply with all Extension federal, state, university, agency, and department reporting requirements.
- Will assist with statewide functions and perform Family and Consumer Science related committee assignments related to Extension programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans/Disabled.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert