- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job ID: 250651
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Eagle Eye Care
Manage operations of Eagle Eye Care while leading a staff in the delivery of quality patient care. The Optometrist meets financial goals and maintains an efficient work environment.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Perform specified surgical procedures an dprescribe medications (within scope of state optometric practice guidelines), visual rehabilitation, and corrective lenses, including eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to patients undergoing eye surgery
- Make patients referrals to other healthcare providers
- Liaise with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers
- Promote eye health by providing education as needed
- Offering counseling and education on surgical and non-surgical options to meet patient visual needs related to occupation, avocation and lifestyle
- Participate in continuing education to expand and update knowledge level with current practices
- Manage staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical staff
- Manage on-the-job training and guidance of dispensing opticians and clerical staff
- Assist with financial management by meeting established goals
- Organize and plan development of the practice
- Enforce maintenance of confidentiality of patient medical records
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
Other Required Qualifications
- Licensed as an optometrist in the state of Georgia
- Certified by the state of Georgia in use of pharmaceuticals for diagnostic and therapeutic agents
- CPR certification
- Two or more years of experience as practicing Optometrist
- Management experience
- Experience in a retail vision care setting
Commensurate with Experience
This is an exempt position paid on a monthly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Please provide two (2) professional references.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure information sensitive in nature
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures in the field
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Proficient use of diagnostic equipment and computer applications
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
Apply Before Date
Open until filled
Application review may begin on October 21, 2022
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Successfully complete background investigation and urine drug screening prior to employment.
Subject to random drug screening throughout employment.
Clinical staff will be subject to a continuous query of the National Practitioner Data Bank; any findings from such query will be addressed appropriately, up to and including termination.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek occasionally extends beyond 40 hours including nights and weekends
- Occasional travel required
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds. with or without reasonable accommodation
- May be exposed to chemicals, including disinfectants, cleansers, soaps
- Possible exposure to latex, plastic and other PPE materials
- Possible exposure to bio-hazardous materials, including pathogens
- Position of Trust + Education + Professional License
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=250651&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert