Associate Director of Operations
- Northeastern University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Management
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Associate Director of Operations
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Associate Director of Operations oversees all aspects of administrative services at the San Francisco and Silicon Valley campuses. This includes management of key operational services and functions such as: regional budget & planning; contracts & services; vendor selection/performance; facilities and space planning; campus events; on-site safety; strategic planning; and regional operations. Serving in a key leadership role, the incumbent will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of internal processes and structures; interfacing with other departments, stakeholders, campuses, and the Bay Area leadership team to ensure efficient operations and implementation of university policies, protocols and procedures; supervision of staff members; management of the day-to-day operations at each campus; and overall regional management and coordination of operational services.
The Associate Director of Operations will fulfill strategic deliverables to support a networked/innovative learning ecosystem and an exceptional customer experience. This position administers the consistency and quality of operations at the San Francisco and Silicon Valley campuses in support of student programming, campus operations, workplace culture, event programming, long-term organizational strategy, and local market expansion.
Incumbents in this position will also be assigned special projects that range from campus expansion, renovations, enrollment management. student mobility workgroups and other regional specific initiatives. This individual should have a vision where process improvement and quality service delivery are at the core of scaling operations to meet intended regional growth and the evolving needs of the San Francisco and Silicon Valley campus communities
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in Business, Public Administration, Organizational Development, Facilities Management or Accounting; Master's degree preferred
- Broad knowledge of organizational processes, protocols, and procedures with a focus on facilities, budget and personnel management.
- 6+ years of experience managing business operations; including progressively responsible experience providing problem resolution in a senior executive setting.
- Knowledge of CA Ed Code; OSHA, and CA Employment laws and regulations as it relates to higher education facilities.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels of the organization, across NU network, and with external constituencies
- Demonstrated management and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to manage and motivate staff
- Proven ability to organize work functions in an efficient and effective manner
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience as an innovative thinker/problem-solver, a collaborator, and entrepreneur.
- Experience preferred working in higher education setting
The expected hiring range for this position is USD $82,725 to USD $105,475, based upon the position's scope and responsibilities.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/San-Jose-CA/Associate-Director-of-Operations_R110331
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert