Parking Enforcement Officer II, UMPD
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com * .
Staff Vacancy Announcement
The UM Police Department invites applications for a Parking Enforcement Officer II. The person assigned to this position will be trusted to use interpretation, discretion and judgment to provide effective enforcement of UM parking and state regulations. Under indirect supervision will perform duties related to parking enforcement, evaluation of parking facilities for repairs, and compliance with state and local regulations. Assist lead parking enforcement officer in training and scheduling student ticket writing staff when student staff are employed.
Position requires the use and maintenance of several types parking technology/equipment:
- License plate reader technology
- T2 parking software on a mobile tablet
- Printing equipment
- Parking meter machines
- Vehicle immobilization devices
- Coordinating towing services
- May include oversight of records, and compiling of statistics for reporting purposes
- Ability to deal with people who are emotional and/or upset about a parking citation in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to conduct foot and vehicle patrol in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds to load and unload parking signage and barricades
- Experience assisting stranded motorists by jump-starting vehicles or help push vehicles to a safe position out of the flow of traffic
- Knowledge and ability to communicate safe working practices in accordance with regulations
- Good communication and conflict resolution skill
- Basic knowledge about computer/tablet use
- Good driving record
- Ability to work in the outdoors throughout all Montana's seasonal weather.
Minimum Required Experience
- Valid Driver's License upon hire
- Knowledge of departmental, University, State and Federal regulations as they relate to enforcement and signage.
- Knowledge of T2 Parking Software
- Previous work in parking enforcement
- Previous employment where License plate reader equipment was used.
UM Police Department is composed of the UMPD - Police and UMPD - Parking Division. Both areas of UMPD work in partnership with the campus community to provide the most professional, effective public safety services possible. From parking management to crime prevention, the University of Montana Police Department is dedicated to supporting an environment which is safe and conducive to learning.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Parking Enforcement Officer II
Position Number: 182200
Department: UM Police- Parking
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week),
Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, 12 months/year,
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan,
partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Must be eligible to work in the United State upon hire. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
* Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert