- Florida Polytechnic University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 27, 2022
Make a difference at one of Florida’s premier institutions for education in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Florida Polytechnic University, ranked the No. 1 public college in the region by U.S. News and World Report, offers a unique working environment that encourages faculty and staff to be part of a culture that prizes collaboration, innovation, and the willingness to go above and beyond to ensure our students and University succeed. Florida Poly offers a small campus academic environment where students form connections with their faculty and peers as they pursue high-value degrees in engineering and applied sciences.
The University is equipped with cutting-edge facilities and equipment and two award-winning, architecturally distinct academic buildings. Its evolving curriculum, designed to meet the needs of industry and provide a life-long educational foundation for students, has helped the institution grow in prominence since its opening in 2014. Florida Poly’s deliberately small classes, affordability, and outstanding graduate outcomes have helped it earn recognitions such as being named a top value school, in the top 25 nationally for affordability, and in the top five best universities in the South for tech students. Accredited by ABET and SACSCOC, Florida Poly is educating some of the brightest minds in Florida and attracting standout talent from across the nation.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Career Coordinator in the Department of Student Affairs.
The Career Coordinator supports career and professional development services in Student Affairs. As a highly visible, on-campus resource, the Career Coordinator works with students and employers to support Florida Poly students and new alumni in career preparation, career searches and professional development.
- Provide internship coaching and advising to students regarding professional experience internships.
- Provide career coaching and advising to students and recent alumni regarding career exploration and development of professional skills in preparation for career readiness.
- Develop and support professional development initiatives and programming.
- Maintain career management database and develops reports on campus wide internship data.
- Develops and maintains effective communication and working relationships with administrators, staff, faculty, students, and community members. This role will directly interface with external companies and organizations, and outreach efforts are required.
- Serve as a resource to employers in hiring students.
- Directly plan and support career events including career fairs and expos, information sessions, panel discussions, on-campus recruiting, mock interviews, and related events
- May perform other duties relevant to the position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong commitment to excellence in education and service
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities, to set and meet deadlines.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
- Proven ability to organize and host events.
- Skills in effective and persuasive interpersonal communication skills to gather information, resolve problems, and assess situations.
- Ability to coordinate major projects.
- Earned Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Counseling, Human Resources, or a closely related field preferred.
- One to three years of experience in career coaching and/or experiential learning is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $47,000 - $49,000, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled; however, the review of applications will commence immediately.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
- Cover Letter
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
FLORIDA POLY BENEFITS INFORMATION
Florida Poly qualified employees have the opportunity to take advantage of a variety of health benefits (through the State of Florida) to help meet their specific needs, as well as the needs of their family. This comprehensive coverage includes flexible spending accounts, medical and life insurance, and workers compensation.
· Health benefits are administered through People First , on behalf of the State of Florida, as pre-tax insurance plans. People First handles all new hire enrollments, coverage changes, premium administration, and dependent eligibility.
· Their Service Center is staffed Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m.–6 p.m. EST, at 1-866-663-4735.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING ATTACHMENTS:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert