Administrative Assistant IV
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 26, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Alumni Affairs, Conference & Special Event Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
Administrative Assistant IV
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
21 Lafayette Rd
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
This role works in support of the missions of the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College and Dartmouth-Health. In doing so, they provide all types of administrative support to the Dartmouth Cancer Center development team and others as assigned. Coordinates administrative activities that will enhance relationship management, increase department efficiency, expedite/coordinate the work of others, and ensure the smooth operation of these departments.. This is a hybrid position.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
3+ years of experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Three plus years of relevant administrative support.
· Associate degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Detail-oriented in preparing documents
· In-depth knowledge of office procedures
· Strong writing skills
· Exceptional organizational and planning skills, and ability to set and reset priorities
· Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with customer service focus
· Initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to work well within a team structure
· Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
· Participates as a development team member in bringing a sense of humor and joy to their work and workplace.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Experience in a fundraising, public relations and/or academic medical center environment preferred
· Experience with The Raiser’s Edge or ADVANCE software preferred
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
· Manages, plans, and coordinates the details of leaders’ complex daily appointment calendars to ensure the most efficient use of their time; briefs members of the team on changes in schedules and on matters needing immediate attention.
· Proactively schedules weekly and monthly team meetings.
· Works with other departments to coordinate meeting schedules.
· Coordinates and schedules a variety of activities to support office functions and meetings. Interfaces with other departments to ensure the smooth, orderly, and efficient functioning of cross-departmental needs.
· Plans and coordinates travel itineraries and makes travel arrangements; processes reimbursement requests (post-travel and otherwise).
· Sets up conference calls, video conferences and webinars, registers office staff for webinars and seminars.
Percentage Of Time
· Gathers information for meetings, coordinates items for the agenda, and distributes material to participants prior to the meeting.
· Attends and participates in various meetings as requested.
· Takes meeting minutes, prepares and distributes reports, and follows up on details to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of information.
Percentage Of Time
§ Serves as primary point of contact for the teams they support and as a liaison with donors and prospects, requiring knowledge of office policies as well as the ability to represent the office to the institution and community.
§ Prepares correspondence, proposals, reports, and other materials for submission to prospective donors; proofreads for accuracy, suggesting editorial changes where appropriate; assists in the creation and presentation of materials.
§ Directly contacts prospects to schedule and confirm meetings and attendance at events.
§ Coordinates production of marketing materials with Communications/Engagement staff.
§ Interacts regularly with a wide range of internal and external constituents, including senior leadership, and staff members and conveys information.
§ Handles a variety of persons wishing to make appointments and effectively re-directs callers/visitors to the appropriate individual/office.
§ Regularly handles confidential or sensitive information, exercises discretion concerning its disposition.
§ Orients new staff and visitors to the office and the community.
Percentage Of Time
· Develops and implements project activities based on defined project scope and objectives.
· Sets and maintains project schedules and timelines; evaluates project effectiveness, then recommends and documents changes to policies and procedures.
· In conjunction with the Strategic Events team, will at times, provide assistance in arranging and coordinating schedules and itineraries, as well as logistical support for larger events (which may include occasional nights and weekends).Ensures security and confidentiality of sensitive information and material.
· Processes donor visit contact reports and proposals to The Raiser’s Edge and Advance data systems, provides Advancement Services with biographical data updates and new gift details when appropriate.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert