Assistant Director of Alumni Relations - In Person
- Jarvis Christian University
- Hawkins, Texas
- Posted Date
- Dec 27, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Alumni Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
This officer assists the Executive Director of Alumni Relations in developing strategies and coordinating as well as implementing programs/initiatives aimed at increasing alumni engagement with the university. The position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Development.
- Bachelor’s degree. Demonstrated ability to navigate all social media platforms. Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Experience in alumni engagement and/or fundraising activities a plus.
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations and the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Development to articulate a strategy for securing alumni engagement and financial support of the university. The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting with the strategic development and collaborative execution of programs fostering alumni engagement. Plan and coordinate the engagement initiatives for young alumni and friends in concert with other programs in the Division of Institutional Advancement and Development. The Assistant Director will be responsible for increasing alumni & friend engagement and philanthropic support through a variety of initiatives, including but not limited to, engagement events, stewardship, outreach through web-based communication and direct mail, – volunteer groups, and student philanthropic initiatives. The Assistant Director will take the lead in implementing an Alumni Discovery Program to assist the Advancement Division during their comprehensive capital campaign. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies. ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive reports. Evidence of highly developed soft skills. Ability to meet deadlines.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Proven Skills
- Listening skills
- Team player
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Development in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian University Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
Located in beautiful Hawkins, Texas, Jarvis Christian University, private, co-ed Historically Black Liberal Arts, four-year institution with a rich history and high standards of educational excellence. Founded in 1912, we are affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)., The mission of the university is to prepare a diverse population of lifelong learners intellectually, socially, spiritually, and personally through providing interactive services and using varied modalities of instructional delivery. Jarvis Christian is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and, this year, is celebrating 110 years of educating students. Jarvis Christian offers programs in Criminal Justice, Business Management, Religion, Data Analytics and Cybersecurity and attracts a diverse student body from 22 states and cover 60 nations.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert