- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Law & Legal Studies, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus), Legal Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
MIssouri School of Journalism
KBIA and KMUC are building a team of top sales talent. Candidates for the position must have sales experience with demonstrated success. Candidates with a passion for public media and/or the performing arts with strong cold-calling skills are preferred.
- To represent KBIA-FM and KMUC-FM in the negotiation and evaluation of underwriting contracts with representatives of local, regional and national firms.
- Candidate will develop sales relationships with existing and prospective clients including helping them meet content and production requirements; achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals; create multi-platform sponsorship opportunities; be proactive in keeping accounts current; provide reporting; and attend meetings as necessary.
- Work with the team to develop a plan which includes a list of potential underwriting clients; a strategy and timetable for contacting and serving them.
- Coordinate with the team to keep informed on programming, production, events and other opportunities for underwriting and sponsorships.
- Other duties as assigned.
$25,368 - $30,000 ($2,114 - $2,500 per month) plus commission.
University Title: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
8-5 Monday - Friday. Occasional nights and weekends as needed.
An Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
An associate's degree in marketing, communications, broadcasting or related area is preferred, along with two years demonstrated success in the area of sales or nonprofit fundraising.
Ability to coordinate sales efforts with team; strong financial, math and English skills; general knowledge of business operations; knowledge of broadcasting operations and procedures; ability to understand and apply market research; basic computer skills to include experience in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
Include a cover letter, resume/CV, and three references with the online application.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits .
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577 .
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert