Alumni Engagement Program Coordinator (Alumni Career and Learning Networks)
- Williams College
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 26, 2022
The Alumni Engagement Programs team is pleased to announce an opening for this Program Coordinator position, one of two new opportunities within the Alumni Engagement Office. This position will provide administrative coordination of strategically-imperative programs focused on alumni career connections and alumni learning & travel.
A creative, energetic, and empathic team, we are dedicated to our alumni communities of belonging and are seeking candidates with strong communication and technology skills, attention to detail and administrative workflow, and the ability to manage the support of multiple programs and priorities simultaneously.
Williams is deeply committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
This role is eligible to work remotely up to two days per week from locations in MA, CT, NY, or VT – after the initial training period & subject to review and revision as policy evolves.
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement Programs, with shared support for the Assistant Director for Career Connections, the Program Coordinator is a critical partner for program and event delivery including event registration, in-person and virtual event support, and data management. The Program Coordinator will prepare communications, marketing, and collateral reaching thousands of alumni at a time and often the entire 30,000+ alumni population on an annual basis.
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting Alumni Learning programs, including Purple Prose Book Club and the Alumni Travel Study Program;
- Supporting Alumni Career Connection programs, including Williams@Work and EphConnect;
- Creating event registrations and tracking event attendance;
- Handling financial administration, budget tracking, bill pay;
- Managing information and processing data across a variety of platforms;
- Providing insight and feedback to colleagues, contributing to a team culture of continual learning and improvement;
- Managing email campaigns, event invitations, newsletters, print collateral, and website maintenance;
- Providing front-line coverage of central email accounts and phone trees on a rotating basis
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a customer-facing or administrative position
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work with broadly diverse groups of alumni, faculty, staff, students, vendors and providers, etc.
- Organizational and problem solving skills with an ability to prioritize and execute multiple competing projects and tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including email correspondence and proofreading
- Comfort in an environment where most work is done electronically, with demonstrated interest in learning new systems and platforms
- Experience with financial reconciliation or willingness to learn
- Ability to transport supplies in support of events and mailings; ability to navigate campus and to travel as required.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable. COVID-19 vaccination with booster or approved exemption and compliance with COVID-19 related policies are required as a condition of employment at Williams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert