Executive Director, Financial Reporting - (STA011505)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Grants & Contracts, Student Affairs, Financial Aid
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Directs the activities of the University of Houston and University of Houston System administration State Financial Accounting and Financial Reporting Departments Accounting and Financial Reporting requirements. Business processes, and deadlines. Collaborates with other state universities and state agencies on accounting and reporting issues to ensure application of uniform and appropriate procedures.
- Directs the daily accounting and reporting operations and activities of the Financial Accounting and Financial Reporting departments, ensuring adherence to established standards of accounting principles, governmental statues and regulations, and institutional policies.
- Collaborates with all UH component campuses to coordinate the preparation of combined and component annual and monthly financial reports, including presentation of Annual, Financial Report data
- Maintains awareness of upcoming accounting and financial reporting changes. Monitors and disseminates information on GASB implements, serves on internal and external accounting committees, and attends meetings and training as needed.
- Leads strategic and organizational planning regarding the development of accounting procedures and guidelines that ensure compliance with governmental accounting requirements for the accumulation and maintenance of information, preparation of appropriate supporting documentation, and fair presentation of financial information.
- Serves as the primary financial contact point for all audits performed by external entitles, including accumulation of data and records; coordination across campuses and campus departments to ensure data accuracy, improve efficiency, and control costs; and communicating information between parties involved in the audit.
- Hires and oversees the work of external auditor firms for annual external audits including Endowment funds, Houston Public Media, Intercollegiate Athletics, and Charter School.
- Provides financial information statistics and special reports as required by regulations and on request to governmental agencies, eternal auditors, university departments and upper management and administrative officers.
- Oversee the calculation of the universitys indirect cost recovery rate approval for federal contracts and grants, including external consultants for data analysis and presentation.
- Coordinates the accounting interfaces with the State accounting systems, dashboard systems used for financial reporting, and other systems to ensure the proper maintenance of accounting software used to prepare financial reports.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 7 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience. Requires professional licensing, certification or registration directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
- CPA license
Notes to Applicant: Please submit 3 professional references with your submission to include (name, title, relationship, phone number, and email address)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert