Postdoctoral Research Associate, Center for Translational Medicine
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 26, 2022
A Postdoctoral Research Associate position in nanoparticle/bioconjugation based vaccine delivery is available immediately in the Vaccine Design and Delivery Research Group of Dr. David Burkhart ( http://health.umt.edu/biomed/labs/vaccine-research-group/ ) as part of an outstanding interactive multidisciplinary research team focused on the discovery and development of novel vaccine adjuvants and immunomodulators in the Center for Translational Medicine at the University of Montana, Missoula MT. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class multidisciplinary vaccine research team that is well funded and has strong connections in both academia and industry. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a strong working knowledge of vaccine/drug delivery systems, nanoparticle technology, bioconjugation, pharmaceutical science, organic and analytical chemistry with a solid understanding of biochemistry, immunology, or biological systems.
The appointee is expected to be both highly independent and collaborative, and s/he will have significant leeway in the scope and design of projects. The appointee will write papers for publication based on research, compose projects reports and contribute to grant applications; present at seminars and national meetings; and participate in research group meetings that may include oral and/or written brief reports. The appointee may be asked to supervise research personnel including undergraduate and/or graduate students, providing training and guidance with regard to specific techniques.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, Letter of Appointment and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
- Starting salary for this position is $53,760 per year commensurate with qualifications
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, Biomaterials, Biomedical Science or related field (current or within 2 months for current graduate students)
- Ability to devise and articulate a research plan with defined goals, and design sound experimental strategies with appropriate controls
- Proven record and ability to produce research to a high publication standard
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate record keeping skills
- Ability to maintain a safe working and learning environment
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in:
- Formulation of vaccines/APIs
- Drug targeting/delivery
- Nanoparticle formulations (liposomes, emulsions, ionizable lipid nanoparticles, polymeric nanoparticles, inorganic nanoparticles, etc.)
- Mucosal delivery and controlled release formulations
- Bioconjugation chemistry and/or analytical characterization of bioconjugates
- Production, characterization, and analysis of formulations (HPLC, DLS, DSC, CD, MS, NMR, etc.)
- Stability monitoring of formulations
- Analytical method development and troubleshooting
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The mission of the Center for Translational Medicine at the University of Montana is to establish a cross-department and -college multi-disciplinary research center to assist faculty, staff and students in the translation of research ideas from bench to bedside. In this respect, translational research provides an avenue through which basic science discoveries in the biomedical sciences can be "translated" into applicable therapeutics, diagnostics, and/or processes that directly impact health care. In many instances the products/intellectual property of translational research can also be commercialized to the benefit of the University and the regional economy. The Center will work across the Montana University System (MUS) to facilitate the ability of University researchers to better advance the clinical and/or commercial potential of their basic science discoveries. The Center will promote the expansion of educational programs in translational medicine and career development opportunities in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. The Center seeks to strengthen and expand entrepreneurial programs at the University and build a new community to meet challenges and adapt to the changing healthcare/biotech employment and research funding landscape. This new culture and community will prepare students for a career in the biotechnology or health care industry and open doors to new sources of revenue in support of translational research and education in the MUS.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant.
Testing Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions.
E mployment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, January 22, 2023 by 11:59 pm (MST)
Please submit the following application materials via "New Resume/CV" button below.
*Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert