Academic Resource Center
- Vanguard University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Disabled Student Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Academic Resource Center & Disability Services Coordinator
The Academic Resource Center & Disability Services Coordinator (ARC & DS) supports the various ARC & DS members including the ARC & DS staff. This position reports to the Director of the Academic Resource Center & Disability Services.
- Evaluate, analyze, and organize data to produce various ARC & DS reports, including number of students served, Tutors/Supplemental Instruction/Academic Success Coach caseloads, Academic Probation, ARC & DS appointment tracking, and other student success data. Create Annual Report detailing statistics regarding academic success, students with disabilities, and effectiveness of ARC & DS resources in support of retention and academic success for Vanguard students.
- Manage departmental technology including but not limited to Colleague, DegreeTracker, Canvas, Excel, GoogleVoice, PaychexFlex, and Titanium.
- Compose and prepare written documentation, correspondence, reports, and announcements, including: budget reports, and reports for the Dean of Teaching & Learning and the Provost or other campus constituencies.
- Plan, compile, research, and coordinate special projects as assigned; analyze specific operation procedures and problems to improve efficiency, communication processes, and documentation needs.
- Share information with prospective students and perform initial intake appointments, implement Letter of Accommodation process for returning Disability Services students each semester. Collect and organize all documentation for incoming/transfer student meetings to establish academic accommodations.
- Coordinate ARC & DS purchasing and expense tracking, including processing invoices, purchase orders, reimbursements, transfer-of-funds, check requests, coordinating professional development travel accommodations, student charges for department services, and updating financial reports.
- Onboard academic student leaders (e.g., Tutors, Academic Success Coaches) and ABLE leaders via orientation and paraprofessional training. Administrate payroll/timecard logistics for student employees including Tutors and Academic Success Coaches.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and special events, schedule and coordinate dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities.
- Supervise the production and management of various marking materials: update and maintain websites, maintain the various departments' social media presence, and update marketing materials.
- Collaborate with and supervise ABLE president, including organizing meetings and setting up events. Advise ABLE organization.
- Provide office support for the ARC & DS Director including screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative needs and inquiries as appropriate; serves as the primary point of contact and liaison between the office, faculty, staff, students, and external constituencies on a range of day-to-day issues.
- Carry out administrative support duties such as filing, copying, ordering supplies and materials, coordinating cleaning schedule, maintenance of office equipment, Facility Services maintenance requests; take minutes, follow up on matters arising from staff meetings.
- Exemplify exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent rapport with students, families, staff, faculty, and other stakeholders.
- Utilize excellent organizational, time management, and detail-oriented skills.
- Maintain a confidential environment to ensure the anonymity of constituents served.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years of experience in a coordinator or administrative support role.
- Capacity to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and make sound decisions with a minimum of supervision.
- Exhibit a high standard of honesty and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn university administrative software.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University.
- Speak and write Spanish fluently.
- Basic HTML and website management skills, using a proprietary web content management service.
- Experience working in a higher education context.
- Graphic design and/or photography skills.
$23.03 to $28.15 (Hourly)
Placement within the salary range is commensurate upon education and experience. Posted salary range reflects anticipated hiring scale for the position. Vanguard University also offers a very competitive and generous benefits package.
To apply, please visit: https://www.vanguard.edu/resources/human-resources/vu-careers/~board/hr-open-positions/post/ac1022
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert