- Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Senior Carpenter provides general carpentry, construction, and renovation services for the College. The candidate coordinates and schedules work to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Builds and assembles all forms of cabinets and solid surface counter tops.
- Interprets construction drawings and order materials for projects.
- Builds cold rooms, patient rooms, research lab benches, offices and entire office suites.
- Coordinates and schedules work with other trade personnel and contractors to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Installs all types of mill work, aluminum framing, commercial doors and sheetrock framing.
- Maintains a clean work area and cleans up completed projects.
- Performs carpentry duties using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Follows up with customer to ensure quality and satisfaction.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Five years of relevant experience in general carpentry and casework fabrication to include experience in estimating and coordinating jobs.
- Completion of trade or technical school.
- Renovation and construction experience, wet lab construction experience.
- Proficient with hand tools.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert