Director of Enrollment Services
- Bowie State University
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 22, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Disabled Student Services, Financial Aid, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Information
Job Posting Number
Director of Enrollment Services
Regular or Contingent II
Desired Start Date
$95,000 - $105,000
Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide data-inspired leadership and decision-making in the operations of the One-Stop Student Success Center.
- Plan, prioritize, implement, and execute excellent student-centered services and activities that contribute to the university’s goals and objectives.
- Guide, lead, mentor, coach, and empower staff to provide excellent student services and encourage forward-thinking, problem-solving, continuous improvement, and professional development. Hire, train, and assess employees.
- Support students and staff with complex issues, resolve referrals from other offices, and solve or de-escalate complicated issues using professional judgment and individual discretion.
- Collaborate with other units and offices to solve issues that may arise and ensure streamlined, effective communication and promotions.
- Provide reports and data when requested by the administration.
- Stay current on trends, emerging systems, and new services by attending conferences, workshops, and webinars, participating in consortiums, reading research regarding best practices, etc.
- Effectively communicates, verbally and in writing, with students, parents, and the University community.
- Knowledgeable of policies and procedures regarding state, federal and institutional requirements.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert ( SME ) for the Office of Admissions, Student Accounts, Registrar, Financial Aid, and New Student Experiences.
- Triages documents submitted by students.
- Represent the One-Stop internally and externally as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree required.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a customer service environment are required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Excellent listening skills; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to interact with students and parents in a pleasant and courteous manner; Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and be a self-motivator; and Experience with Microsoft Office software.
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised, COVID -19 vaccinations are not required but strongly encouraged for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State University. This protocol is subject to change.
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
For best consideration please apply by January 22, 2023.
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a
customer service environment?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert