Senior Finance Analyst- Hybrid/Remote - 46827-1A
- University of California, Irvine
- Irvine, California
- $71,300.00 - $85,650.00
- Posted Date
- Dec 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Finance Analyst- Hybrid/Remote - 46827-1A
Job Opening ID: 46827
Reports To: Director of Finance Operations
Working Title: Senior Finance Analyst-Hybrid/Remote
Department: Chancellors Office
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 007709
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Employee Class: Career
The Executive Business Office provides high-level strategic, administrative, and operational support to the Office of the Chancellor and the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor. The Executive Business Office staff provide the financial operations support for departments within this executive management organization. The units supported by the Executive Business Office include the Chancellor’s official residence, Tierney University House; the Office of Campus Counsel; the UC National Center for Free Speech and Civic Engagement; and the Office of the Chancellor. The Office of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor includes the Office of Inclusive Excellence, the Office of Academic Planning and Institutional Research, the Division of Career Pathways, the Office of Academic Personnel, the Office of the Ombuds, the Academic Senate, the Office of Sustainability, and the Office of Global Engagement. The Executive Business Office also provides oversight support to financial operations in Strategic Communications and the Division of Equal Opportunity and Compliance.
Under the direction of the Director of Financial Operations and as part of the Executive Business Office Financial Management Team, the Senior Finance Analyst provides high-level financial and administrative analysis and decision-making support for the units under the Office of the Chancellor and the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor. Implements gained knowledge of UC Irvine's online financial and administrative applications, including Kuali Financial System (KFS), Data Warehouse (DWH), and UCOP payroll/personnel system (UCPath), to carry out the responsibilities of this position. Acts as liaison with outside vendors, and many units, departments and offices throughout the University campus integral to performing the essential functions of this position, including Accounting, Payroll, Purchasing and Risk Services, Facilities Management, Office of Information Technology (OIT), and Environmental Health and Safety. Acts as a representative of the Chancellor's Office, the Provost’s Office, and the financial operations team with all levels of University administration, faculty, staff and students, distinguished guests, and a diverse public constituency in a professional and courteous manner using the utmost tact and diplomacy. Provides analytical support and completes a variety of other complex and often highly sensitive and/or confidential projects. Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and organizational policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
$71,300.00 - $85,650.00
Apply online at:
- 3-5 years comprehensive financial, analytical, and budget development experience with a BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities. Organizational skills to prioritize, manage and complete multiple complex analytical, financial, operational and administrative tasks to and meet deadlines in an environment of frequent interruptions and changing and competing priorities. Ability to function as a member of a team. Ability to anticipate problems and issues, determine appropriate solutions, and take action to mitigate potential negative effects as part of a team. Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; strong service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail.
- Proven ability using organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment. Ability to anticipate problems and issues, determine appropriate solutions, and take action to mitigate potential negative effects as part of a team. Ability to independently gather required information to organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
- Skill to determine and locate sources for collecting information and data, understand, analyze, and interpret complex information and data. Skill to independently analyze and handle highly sensitive and confidential issues that require independent judgment and strict discretion.
- Proven ability using spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports. Demonstrated skill and ability to perform statistical calculations, compile and analyze financial information; track, monitor, and reconcile financial information; and create and analyze financial statements and reports.
- Proven ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner. Ability to liaison independently and in cooperation with units and offices on and off campus. Verbal communication skills, knowledge of correct English and ability to speak clearly and distinctly to communicate on the phone and in person with a diverse constituency in a professional manner. Written communication skills and knowledge of correct use of English and ability to write, edit and proofread correspondence and other documents designed to communicate with a diverse constituency in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing business and administrative operations functions of an organizational unit.
- Demonstrated computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite of applications; including word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, calendar management, email communication and web browser software, and operate office equipment such as copier and fax machines.
- Demonstrated experience using UCPath (UC’s payroll, benefits, human resources and academic personnel system for all UC employees).
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
- Demonstrated experience using UC Irvine's online financial and administrative applications, including Kuali Financial System (KFS) and Data Warehouse (DWH).
Conditions of Employment:
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment for the entire UCI community. As part of this commitment, all applicants who accept an offer of employment must comply with the following conditions of employment:
- Background Check and Live Scan
- Legal Right to work in the United States
- Vaccination Policies
- Smoking and Tobacco Policy
- Drug Free Environment
The following additional conditions may apply, some of which are dependent upon business unit or job specific requirements.
- California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
- Pre-Placement Health Evaluation
Details of each policy may be reviewed by visiting the following page - https://hr.uci.edu/new-hire/conditions-of-employment.php
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce along with honoring unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert