Program Coordinator II - (STA011507)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Coordinates and provides senior-level administrative support to an ongoing program at the University.
- Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Participates in planning and develops methods for program implementation and administration; coordinates program activities and processes.
- Reviews program records and reports of activities. Recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required.
- Prepares recurring and ad hoc program reports for management use.
- Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, and other documentation as required for the program.
- Participates in budget planning and is responsible for controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the program.
- Conducts formal training or gives instruction regarding program policies and procedures.
- Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals and objectives of the program.
- Develops and maintains database on research studies, policy issues, etc.Performs other job related duties as required.
Associates and 1 year experience
Education: Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field.Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
This position supports student success through the management of the college’s student leadership program. The candidate will be responsible for mentoring upper-level undergraduate students focusing on leadership development and academic success. In addition, the Program Coordinator 2 position will work with faculty and staff to develop first year programming for incoming freshmen at the university. The position requires a commitment to developing students’ professional skills and supporting their path to graduation at the University of Houston.
Additional Posting Information
- Department is willing to do education in lieu of experience.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert