Director of Development
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 22, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Development & Advancement
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Development
Job ID: 250870
Location: Statesboro, Georgia;Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA or Armstrong Campus - Savannah, GA
Exec Dir, Development
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Director serves as key member of the Office of University Advancement directing and managing the planning and implementation of comprehensive fundraising programs. The Director of Development raises major and planned gifts from private sources in support of the Colleges current operations, endowments, and other approved projects and capital priorities and works in close cooperation with University's Central Advancement office, dean(s), center directors, senior administration, faculty, and staff.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- In support of the dean(s), outlines goals and strategic objectives for College fundraising program
- Works in consideration of identified officer Performance Benchmarks and approved College priorities
- Serves as primary staff for rated and assigned individuals and corporate/foundation prospects of $25K or more
- Builds, manages and implements strategies for a portfolio of approximately 130 major gifts prospects
- Targets major gift solicitation, generally within a 6-18 month timeframe
- Serves as primary Advancement staff to Colleges leadership boards, as appropriate
- Develops and implements strategies to conduct discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship moves
- Conducts face-to-face contact with assigned prospects and donors
- Attends monthly and quarterly advancement staff meetings, DOD meetings, monthly one-on-one meetings with supervisor, key meetings of dean(s)
- Manages volunteers for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Develops individual prospects and cultivation plans, working closely with dean(s), department heads, key donors, program and center directors, and faculty as well as appropriate Advancement leadership, prospect research team members, other DODs, and central Advancement staff
- Bachelor's Degree
- Four (4) or more years of related work experience.
- Higher education fundraising experience
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge & NXT
$76,500 - $97,900
This is an exempt position paid on a monthly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service.
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position.
- Ability to promote and incorporate into daily work mission the priorities of College and University.
- Ability to present articulate and complex information in clear and compelling manner.
- Ability to motivate volunteers and donors.
- Ability to foster a productive team environment between Office of Advancement and College.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success.
- Broad knowledge of principals of fundraising.
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts and attitude of teamwork in a complex organization.
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven fundraising territory management skills.
Apply Before Date
Open Until Filled
Application review may begin on October 26, 2022
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment.
- Workweek often extends beyond 40 hours.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Travel extensively, regionally and nationally.
- Ability to drive University vehicles.
- Position of Trust + Education & Credit
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=250870&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert