About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where
thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Academic Operations Specialist works closely with the Vice
President for Academic Affairs, the academic deans, and department
chairs to assist with the implementation and monitoring of academic
initiatives. Provides trend reports to academic department chairs.
Liaisons between the Vice President's office and academic
committees to assist with project management, implementation, and
ongoing analysis of academic operations.
- Creates, recommends, and reviews standard business processes
for academic divisions; ensures accuracy and consistency of across
- Collaborates with academic division office managers to
coordinate the flow of work and reports through the academic
offices to the Vice President's and President's office.
- Creates reports on clerical staff work activity that help
division administrators and academic department chairs analyze
- Working with division administrators, manages the group
calendar of major Academic Affairs meetings including joint
division meetings and bi-annual meetings of chairs and
- Documents standardized procedures.
- Recommends and organizes training and professional development
for clerical staff.
- Assists Office of Grant Strategy and Development with grant
expense audits by sending due date reminders and comparing spending
- Assists the Office of Curriculum and Instruction with
coordination of annual program reviews by managing the calendar and
due date reminders.
- Works with the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for
Academic Affairs on the compiling of items that are submitted to
the President's office/Board of Trustees.
- Serves as backup for the Executive Assistant to the Vice
President for Academic Affairs / Process Analyst as
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Office Administration or related field;
or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Five years clerical experience required with at least two years
supporting a senior leader.
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- Project management certification or experience
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of
different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life
experiences, and to exhibit respect to fellow employees and the
College community at large.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve, and
manipulate data is required.
- Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred),
advanced spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred), and
beginning presentation application (Microsoft PowerPoint preferred)
skills are required. Beginning database application skill
(Microsoft Access preferred) is desired.
Administrative supervision is received from the Vice President for
Academic Affairs. Functional Supervision received from the
Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs /
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY; $45,418 Starting Salary may change due to the completion of
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of
the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are