Office Administrative Associate
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 22, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Community College of Philadelphia
The Office Administrative Associate position provides clerical support for the Gateway to College program. This alternative education program supports School District of Philadelphia students, ages 16 to 21, who have disengaged from high school but desire to get back on track and earn a diploma. Primary responsibilities include providing administrative support in the coordination of office processes and procedures, maintenance of records and reporting of student information, and maintaining inventory of program materials. The OAA also prepares program related documents, forms, and memos.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.
• Assist the Director in the development and coordination of office processes and procedures in alignment with college processes and procedures.
• Coordinate meetings and events on behalf of the work area or Manager including booking appropriate space, ordering meals, and managing guest lists.
• Update and maintain hardcopy and electronic files in accordance with program funding and college requirements.
• Enter student daily attendance and course rosters into the School District's database and Gateway National Network database.
• Maintain and create inventory of all program materials and equipment and generate orders as needed.
• Prepare correspondence and proofread as requested by program staff.
• Participate in off-campus training sessions as needed.
• Adhere to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents on behalf of the work area and the College.
• Screen and respond to intake and enrollment calls and inquiries; take accurate messages and redirect calls as necessary.
• Provide quality customer service to students, parents/guardians, internal and external visitors to the department; responding to questions or directing to the appropriate staff member or department.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma, or its equivalent, is required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of clerical experience required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience using BANNER, or a similar enterprise-wide system, is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
• Effective oral and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team and collaborate well with others is required.
• Effective customer service skills; including a courteous and professional demeanor is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
Associate's degree preferred. Any an all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Previous experience working with a grant-funded program is preferred.
• Experience using Infinite Campus, SIS, or a similar school district-wide student information management system, is preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants
Testing for this position:
Data Entry/Alpha Numeric
Salary Grade or Rank
$17.99 - $31.69
Job Posting Open Date
Type of Position
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Do you have three years of clerical experience?
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert