- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 22, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Financial Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
To perform various technical accounting activities as assigned and provide assistance to other members of the Business Services team as required.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Assists staff, students and vendors with accounting related issues.
2) Works with sponsorship letters and purchase orders that are received via fax, interoffice, email or mail.
3) Prepares the employee voucher, exemption and waiver reports.
4) Promptly processes the employee vouchers.
5) Gathers data to develop, verify and edit various accounting reports.
6) Prepares, analyzes, and compiles worksheets, balances, and accounts.
7) Processes billings for sponsors, auxiliary accounts, and verifies sponsor agreements, waivers, and exemptions.
8) Researches banking or billing transactions for accuracy utilizing on-line resources to resolve discrepancies.
9) Performs reconciliation activities by monitoring accounts, preparing and processing journal entries to clear reconciling items.
10) Audits invoices for accuracy.
11) Serves as a liaison with vendors, internal and external business partners, and other stakeholders.
12) Researches inquiries about invoices, general ledger entries, or other matters.
13) Assists with audits and special projects as required.
14) Participates in closing the books on a monthly and annual basis.
15) Scans, e-files, and retrieves documents in the records management system.
16) May train other staff members and test accounting software.
17) Assists with Treasury-related tasks and provides cash position updates.
18) Processes transactions from various funding sources using file uploads into Colleague, Workday, and other repositories.
19) Coordinates and executes financial transactions and activities, such as bill payment, invoicing, payroll, etc.
20) Liaises with and responds to inquiries from business partners, customers, or other stakeholders.
21)Assist with the audit process by providing information and data as requested.
22) Performs other duties as assigned.
* General accounting processes, procedures, and standards.
* Spreadsheet software applications.
* Basic auditing processes and procedures.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Interacting with diverse stakeholders using effective interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Uses critical thinking skills to resolve problems and identify workable solutions.
* Flexibility to adapt to new deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
* Use automated financial systems.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
* Associate degree or higher in Accounting or Business with accounting coursework.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
* Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Reports to Manager, Director, or Vice Chancellor
$41,600 - $51,045
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
March 27, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert