Communications Coordinator - (STA011481)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 22, 2022
Coordinates communications activities in support of a university program, including, but not limited to, publications, newsletters, annual reports, web site, and informational and solicitation materials.
- Coordinates various communications projects, to include compiling, editing, and layout of materials.
- Works with other departments to research, obtain material and organize the content of written communications.
- Provides content for regular updates of the program web site.
- May be responsible for producing regularly recurring communications such as annual reports, monthly publications or newsletters.
- Provides writing and editing services for other communication projects as assigned.
- Represents the program at conferences and community events.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- This is a writing-intensive position producing news, features/profiles, science, etc., content, with strong knowledge of Associated Press Style, excellent grammar/style, and familiarity using social media.
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign and Photoshop, is preferred.
- A portfolio of writing examples is required ; graphic design/layout examples is a plus.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: A portfolio of writing examples is required; graphic design/layout examples is a plus
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert