Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Husson University
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 22, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Type Full-TIme
Job Number 00203
Academic Year Yes
Location Bangor, ME
Department S & H (1161)
Husson University's College of Science and Humanities invites applications for one or more Assistant Professor of Psychology positions to begin Fall 2023. Ideal applicants will have a strong Clinical Background or a strong Experimental/Research Background.
Those with a Clinical Background will have the ability to teach undergraduate clinically-oriented courses such as Introduction to Counseling and Psychotherapy, Trauma and Resiliency, or Behavioral, Psychological, and Rehabilitation Intervention Models. They will also periodically teach General Psychology which is required of all psychology majors and fulfills a General Education requirement of the University.
Those with an Experimental/Research Background will have the ability to teach classes such as Research Methods, Human Growth and Development, Physiological Psychology, or Cognitive Psychology. They will also periodically teach General Psychology which is required of all psychology majors and fulfills a General Education requirement of the University.
Successful Clinical or Experimental/Research candidates may also teach other psychology courses within their areas of specialization.
Successful candidates must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to quality teaching, a strong promise for scholarly activity and professional service, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates will be expected to provide ongoing academic advising and serve a diverse student population. Candidates will be required to remain current with new trends and developments in their field of psychology and to promote the scholarship of teaching and learning through attendance at conferences, courses, seminars, and/or workshops, participate in campus committees, and engage in the academic life of the University.
Husson University is a private institution of approximately 3500 undergraduate and graduate students located in Bangor, Maine. The University is dedicated to offering premier professional programs designed to maximize experiential learning opportunities and student success. Bangor has been ranked as one of the top 50 small cities in the U.S. It offers a safe, affordable community with excellent education and healthcare, easy access to major urban centers, and a wealth of outdoor recreation opportunities. Year-round activities can be enjoyed on the numerous lakes, trails, and ski areas. The University is approximately 40 minutes west of the Maine coast and the nearby mountains of Acadia National Park and an hour south of the newly designated Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.
Examples of Duties
- Prepare course materials and use appropriate teaching techniques, which may include but are not limited to delivering lectures, leading discussions, conducting demonstrations, and developing and teaching online or hybrid courses.
- Implement standardized courses as designed to fulfill the general education and program goals addressed in those courses.
- Contribute to the development and revision of course content and instructional materials, textbook and equipment selection, and assessment strategies.
- Advise undergraduate students in Psychology.
- Maintain professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and scholarship in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Participate in program development and serve on department, college, and University committees as necessary.
- Maintain formal office and campus hours.
- Maintain current knowledge of instructional methods and new technologies pertinent to areas of assignment.
- Learn and apply emerging technologies and advances as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized and timely manner.
- Provide service to the College and participate in admissions events and interact with the internal and external community in a collegial and professional manner at all times.
Note: This is a face-to-face position; candidates are expected to be on campus.
Doctoral degree in Psychology required; ABD considered.
Knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate courses in psychology. The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating a commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive education. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to Husson University's mission and to the highest ethical standards.
Experience in undergraduate teaching and advising.
Agency Husson University
Address 1 College Circle Bangor, ME, 04401
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert