College and Community Events Manager (BC)
- Kern Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 21, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
College and Community Events Manager (BC)
Kern Community College District
Salary: $90,502.37 - $118,746.95 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY22-2300260
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Under general supervision of the Dean of Students, this classified management position will cultivate, develop, and plan the use of facilities by securing contractual agreements that are compliant with District Policy and Procedures. As an integral member of the Dean of Students' team, the College and Community Events Manager works closely with other administrators, staff, and faculty to develop strategic fundraising initiatives. The College and Community Events Manager oversees a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors and prospects; specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist the Dean of Students to build the Events and Scheduling Department into a self-sustaining auxiliary. .
2. Determine the type and availability of space and equipment needed for use of the facilities and provide prospective users in planning and selection, and layout and set-up of campus facilities and events.
3. Develop written proposals to attract and retain valued community partner sponsorships of college- approved events.
4. Provide event supervision and adequate personnel support at all College and community events.
5. Investigate, analyze, and resolve event issues and complaints.
6. Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to other departments related to college and community events.
7. Coordinate with campus and community constituencies, including the BC Marketing & Public Relations Department, to conceptualize, plan, promote, and implement campus and community events.
8. Recruit, train, assign, evaluate, and supervise classified staff, short-term temporary staff, volunteer events personnel, and student employees .
9. Maintain and update all campus profile information pertaining to the events scheduling software .
10. Develop and organize the use of campus facilities by outside organizations.
11. Serve as campus liaison with external contacts in the process of planning and organizing facility use.
12. Manage on-campus space use applications to ensure facility usage complies with Board Policy and Education Code.
13. Assures coordination and compliance with city, county, police and fire by laws, codes, and ordinances.
14. Oversee the preparation of requisitions, invoices, payroll, and billing records in accordance with with District p policies and procedures.
15. Maintain relevant data related to events scheduling,
16. Prepare and present departmental reports as necessary.
17. Oversees the allocated and ancillary budgets
18. Perform other related duties as assigned to satisfactorily fulfill department responsibilities
19. Develop and steward strategies to foster long-term campus and community engagement.
20. Write and edit proposals, reports, prospect background profiles, correspondence, and other documents for internal and external audiences.
21. Research and analyze potential donors, agencies, and corporations, giving patterns and interests to facilitate the strategic development for the College foundation fund.
22. Meet regularly with faculty and staff members to identify potential funding sources.
23. Manage existing portfolio of donors while identifying new prospects
24. Cultivate, solicit and steward donor prospects
25. Prepare President, Vice President, senior staff, and board members for meetings with relevant donors, as appropriate
26. Maintain accurate donor information through database systems
27. In conjunction with BC Foundation Office , design and execute appropriate cultivation and fundraising events
28. In collaboration with the Dean of Students , develop, review and implement strategy for increased donor awareness
29. Establish priority donor targets, strategies and outreach activities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and
four years related experience.
(Equivalent: Associate degree and four years experience in a comparable position.)
- Experience using computer software applications
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability
backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Mission of the California Community Colleges and community
- Project management.
- Principles of budget control and personnel
- Applicable building codes.
- Ordinances and regulations related to public health and safety
- Computer software and operation of modern office
- Assess the needs of the College community in order to support
the executive leadership in budget planning efforts directed toward
branding the campus.
- Maintain complex records and compile clear and accurate
- Interpret rules, regulations, codes, and policies.
- Coordinate/facilitate meetings.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate events.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Establish and maintain effective working
- Coordinate and oversee the work of others.
- Work effectively with large community groups and
- Communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in
- Be flexible and firm in support of areas of
- Successfully complete projects in a detailed-oriented manner
while working under tight timelines.
- Promote a positive public image.
SALARY RANGE$ 90,502.37 - $ 118,746.95 annuallyMaximum Entry Level Salary: $ 95,084.05 annually
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONSFirst Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by January 3, 2023 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. EEO Plan 2021-2024
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/3839409/college-and-community-events-manager-bc. Emails will not be accepted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert