- Foothill-De Anza Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 21, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Other Business & Management
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Initial Review Date: 01/31/23
*Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Instructor, Psychology, Foothill College.
The Foothill - De Anza Community College District does not have a remote work policy. All employees are expected to be available to work in person and on-site per the requirement of the department.
Foothill - De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
Foothill College Mission Statement:
Believing a well-educated population is essential to sustaining and enhancing a democratic society, Foothill College offers programs and services that empower students to achieve their goals as members of the workforce, as future students, and as global citizens. We work to obtain equity in achievement of student outcomes for all California student populations, and are guided by our core values of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, forgiveness, and sustainability.
These core values are essential to authentic and sustainable institutional equity at Foothill College. Institutional equity is embedded not only in the college's Educational Master Plan and Strategic Vision for Equity but in its planning, hiring and evaluative processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
The Psychology Department at Foothill College is seeking a new full-time, tenure track faculty member to join our team. This position will teach courses both on campus and online. In addition to teaching, successful candidates will also demonstrate the following: A commitment to an iterative and self-reflective process of developing and implementing culturally competent pedagogical practices that meet the needs of underserved students; The ability to use various teaching methods and online technology tools that engage students in their own learning and motivate them to develop higher-order thinking skills, and ensure consistent and appropriate monitoring of, and support for, student progress; The knowledge, ability, and enthusiasm to teach any of the following courses: General Psychology, Cultural Psychology, Biopsychology, Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences, Research Methods and Designs, Positive Psychology, Psychology of Prejudice, Childhood and Adolescence, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology, Psychology of Women, Personality Psychology, Human Development, Sports Psychology, and/or Human Sexuality; An interest in working with student groups and clubs and providing mentorship opportunities to students outside of the classroom.
Standard duties expected of all faculty include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attending department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, service on district and/or college committees, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also have the opportunity to participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Master's degree in psychology OR Bachelor's degree in psychology AND Master's degree in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience, or social work OR the equivalent.
- Experience offering classes pertaining to Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Cultural Psychology, African American Psychology, Latinx Psychology, Asian-American Psychology, Decolonial Psychology, and Health Psychology, as well as experience teaching Research Methods and Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences.
- Experience in a clinical/counseling setting and/or experience as a mental health practitioner or social worker.
- Experience with culturally competent clinical practices that serve LGBTQ+ and BIPOC populations.
- Experience teaching students of ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds at the college level.
- Experience or strong interest in teaching courses in various modalities, including in-person, hybrid, and online.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, online learning management systems and online learning software tools.
- Initiative and ability to develop courses.
- Commitment to the mission of the California Community College and Foothill College's Strategic Vision for Equity: “Believing a well-educated population is essential to sustaining a democratic and just society, Foothill College is committed to the work of equity, which is to dismantle oppressive systems (structural, cultural, and individual) and create a college community whereby student success is not predictable by race.”
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and interest in working cooperatively with colleagues in multiple departments and in serving on college committees in a shared governance organization.
- Initiative in reaching out and building relationships with outside community organizations.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not otherwise meet minimum qualifications via educational degree attainment as specified), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Applicants will be REQUIRED to submit transcripts for salary placement purposes. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application packet. Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our “Applicant Information” webpage to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
HIRING RANGE: $67,090.00 - $110,186.00 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to:
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Other voluntary benefits are also available such as legal assistance, pet insurance, and long-term care. Faculty are also eligible for paid professional development leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Tenure-track, 10-months per year
STARTING DATE: Fall 2023
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/1070?c=fhda
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert