Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Health Sciences
Job Description Summary:
To provide support in the administration of enrollment services for
Health Sciences and serve as a resource regarding entrance and
successful completion of Health Sciences programs.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Performs administrative support to Health Sciences programs
including examining and answering correspondence, processing and
prioritizing office communications, processing office
communications, answering telephone and email inquiries. Schedules
rooms for special events.
2) Provides assistance and information to students, the public, and
departmental faculty regarding health sciences programs and
3) Assists students in completing applications and forms, and
collects materials. Reviews paperwork and completed coursework and
advises on courses to complete.
4) Gathers, compiles and enters data, producing routine and
specialized reports and documents; maintains files, records, logs,
and other tracking systems.
5) Designs and produces handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures,
manuals, or other documents; may maintain or update webpages.
6) Assists with the documentation for accreditation
7) Maintains student files, applications, and documentation;
verifies, adds, deletes, and corrects student records.
8) May make presentations and recruiting visits to provide
information to prospective students and the public.
9) May oversee the work flow of others, as appropriate.
* Office procedures and practices.
* Principals and practices pertaining to health sciences admissions
* Customer service techniques.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communication (both orally
and in writing) skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills with
attention to detail and follow-through.
* Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
* Establishing and maintaining effective working
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
*Google Suite, Zoom, WebEx
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
* High school diploma or educational equivalent.
* Work is performed in a standard office environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
$41,600 - $51,045
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
June 6, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday