TCHATT SCHOOL LIAISON (Cameron County)
- University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 20, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
TCHATT SCHOOL LIAISON (Cameron County)
Posting Number: SRGV6399
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Psychiatry
Scope of Job:
To act as the liaison for the coordination of the day-to-day activities with partnering school districts to increase and facilitate the utilization of program services.
Description of Duties:
- Liaison for the day-to-day program activities with partner k-12 schools from multiple ISDs.
- Acts as point of contact for school staff from different school districts (including school counselors, interns, front desk staff, etc.) regarding students referred to the program, questions about eligibility criteria, login issues, determination of appropriate facilities, etc.
- Ensures partner school campuses offer telehealth services in a private and safe manner. This includes identifying ‘emergency contacts’ on the school campuses and ensuring school/program staff is available to supervise telehealth sessions.
- Coordinates with other team members (such as Patient Services Representatives and Medical Assistants) to ensure telehealth appointments are offered within the academic calendars of partner schools.
- Assists school staff in the promotion and implementation of program services to increase service utilization. This includes explaining program services to families and completing referral forms on behalf of school staff.
- Plans and conducts trainings for school staff members to explain program services to maximize service utilization.
- Assists with the scheduling and promotion of psychoeducational presentations (this includes the planning for in-person and/or virtual events, confirming presenters’ availability, creating flyers, etc.).
- Coordinates and conducts trainings/presentations on mental health topics for different audiences including school staff, families and/or students.
- Maintains documentation regarding trainings/presentations learning objectives and attendance for grant reporting.
- Monitors statuses of students referred to the program and updates school staff as needed.
- Represents and promotes the program in outreach events.
- Assist as needed with supervision of telehealth appointments and facilitate the use of telehealth equipment.
- Participates on internal and external meetings as required.
- Evaluates, identifies and reports on program processes and makes recommendations to management for improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Associates degree from an accredited university.
As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
One (1) year of related experience or experience performing outreach activities within a community program.
Experience obtained in a school setting.
Use of standard office equipment and electronic devices such as computers/laptops/tablets
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment.
Good organizational skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills are recommended. Ability to work with diverse groups of people and build relationships within communities. Strong interpersonal skills to make community connections and build relationships with the target patient/client/community base. Ability to successfully operate electronic medical records and electronic devices with instruction. Ability to coordinate and multi-task.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/16/2023
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/36767 jeid-a833caaa41511c459dd5cafb4d2ead00
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert