- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 19, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus), Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs, Executive, Executive Directors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Under the general supervision of the Dean of the College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE), and receiving work lead direction from the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, the focus of this position is on marketing and positioning CPGE’s programs to meet strategic and long-term objectives. The incumbent drives the marketing strategy; implementing and executing that strategy and reporting out on the outcomes of that strategy as it relates to the College and program goals. The position works closely with CPGE program managers, data analysts, and marketing colleagues to serve the College’s mission of aligning academic opportunities to industry and workforce needs as well as providing financial security to CPGE and SJSU.
The College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) Marketing and Communications unit is responsible for working with CPGE Administration, program administrators, and other clients to develop and execute strategic marketing plans to reach the College’s enrollment and program goals.
- Conduct and analyze market research to answer key questions about assigned programs
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop integrated digital marketing plans focused on generating and nurturing leads for assigned programs
- Create and draft key marketing messages and value propositions for assigned programs
- Collaborate with the Content Developer and other marketing staff to create marketing materials
- Implement and execute strategic marketing plans for the key programs within the college
- Deliver comprehensive reports following each cycle analyzing the performance of the marketing strategy for assigned programs
- Support Associate Director of Marketing and Communications as needed on special projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ensuring clarity and accuracy of message or information
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, tactics, and best practices
- Strong presentation skills
- Basic understanding of finances and budgets
- Must have the ability to work some evenings and weekends, and a fluctuating schedule as needed
- May required to attend conferences, and training sessions within the Bay Area or in- or out-of-state
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- Five years or more of multi-channel marketing experience, preferably in higher education
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Working experience leading digital marketing strategies, tactics, and best practices
- Working experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), database management systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), and Google Workplace
- Experience with marketing research and implementation of marketing strategies
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist; Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $6,500/month - $7,080/month
CSU Salary Range: $5,022/month - $9,083/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Portfolio of your recent work
- Writing Sample. Share an example of something you’ve written (1-5 pages long): datasheet, marketing plan, proposal, or email campaign
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: December 19, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert