Executive Assistant/Business Office - COA
- Peralta Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 19, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
College of Alameda
College of Alameda’s mission is to meet the educational needs of its multicultural and diverse community by providing excellent comprehensive and flexible programs including basic skills, transfer, and occupational, which will enable each student to achieve his/her own unique goals.
The College is California’s only island-based community college and it offers both park-like tranquility and easy access to urban resources. Having served almost half a million day, evening and weekend students since its 1970 founding, College of Alameda enjoys a well-deserved reputation for excellence in its academic, vocational, and student support programs. The College of Alameda is proud of its strong ties to the City of Alameda and is recognized for its strong partnerships with the local business community.
The Peralta Colleges proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive core of work-life benefits. The value of the employer contribution towards your benefits may increase your total compensation by as much as 47%. Benefit-eligible employees have access to coverage for themselves and eligible dependents:
• Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance coverage*
• Life insurance of 150% of your income up to $100,000.
• Long-term disability coverage.
• Employee Assistance Program.
In addition to your own contribution, Peralta also contributes 22.911% of your salary to the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). Effective January 1, 2013, the PEPRA (Public Employees’ Pension Reform Act) went into effect. Changes have been implemented as a result of the adoption of this legislation that impact new and existing employees enrolled in CalPERS. A summary of those changes is available at http://www.calpers.ca.gov/eip-docs/employer/program-services/summary-pension-act.pdf. For further up to date information on CalPERS retirement eligibility and PEPRA, please visit the website at www.calpers.com www.calpers.ca.gov/. The CalPERS member handbook is available at http://www.calpers.ca.gov/eip-docs/about/pubs/member/your-benefits-your-future-school-benefits.pdf., please visit the website at www.calpers.com. After 10 years of creditable service, medical benefits in retirement are extended until age 65.
Other voluntary benefits include:
• Flexible benefit plan participation in the Medical Reimbursement Plan, Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan (under tax code 125)
• Pre-tax commuting expenses (under IRS code 132)
• Tax-deferred plan participation in the 403(b) and 457 plans
• Credit union membership
• Prepaid legal plan participation
• Additional Life Insurance for yourself, spouse or children
* Kaiser and United Health Care Dental are fully paid by the District. Other plans require employee contribution.
Subject to change.
Executive Assistant/Business Office - COA
40 hrs/week 12 months/year
Salary Range:$5,626.43 - $6,812.54mo, Hiring Range: $5,626.43 - $6,189.34/mo - The maximum initial placement is Step 3 depending on experience.
Business Office (231)
Job Description Summary
Under the direction of the Vice President of Administrative Services, performs professional level work in the analysis, research and preparation of a variety of reports; monitors programs and projects in accordance with District, Federal and State statutes; provides secretarial and administrative support.
Duties & Responsibilities
Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required for the position.
• Performs a variety of complex, difficult and responsible executive level administrative support.
• Prepares a variety of correspondence, memoranda, reports, statistical reports and other materials; may compile statistical, fiscal and financial data and other information for inclusion into special and periodic reports; composes correspondences independently; prepares agendas and meeting materials, and distributes meeting packets.
• Serves as liaison between the supported administrator, management staff, academic and classified staff, students, representatives of community agencies and the general public by relaying messages, answering questions, clarifying information, responding to requests, resolving problems, explaining District policies and procedures or referring callers to the supported administrator or others.
• Prepares agenda/information, attend meetings, takes minutes and draft material, or compose correspondence as directed
• Maintains the administrator’s calendar; arranges and schedules a variety of meetings, programs, workshops and conferences as required.
• Makes travel arrangements for the administrator; completes appropriate forms for meeting registration and reimbursement requests.
• Prepares requisitions and orders supplies and equipment for the office; assures proper
functioning of office equipment.
• Creates and maintains complex, interrelated administrative, confidential and legal filing systems and records, including, but not limited to, historical and legal records of the College or Department, the administrator’s correspondence, personnel records, and records of employee,
student, and vendor grievances.
• Assist with, and oversees the budget activities of the office; monitors expenditures of funds, initiates fund transfers and other procedures necessary to maintain sound day-to-day budget activities.
• Establishes and maintains complex, interrelated administrative filing systems and records.
• Performs a wide range of advanced clerical duties related to the operation of the office; serves as liaison between an administrator and other district offices; serves in a liaison and/or resource.
capacity on projects and assignments.
• Screens incoming calls and visitors, referring them to the administrator or the appropriate staff, providing information as appropriate, or taking accurate and complete messages. Provides liaison functions between the administrator and staff at all levels, Trustees, and members of the
public who contact the office with service complaints.
• Schedules meetings and conferences, sets up appointments, and may represent the administrator at meetings to obtain information relevant to the administrator’s responsibilities.
• Opens and routes mail to the administrator and other staff, and drafts responses to the President or Chancellor as appropriate.
• Serve as resource to other offices for information, policy and practice orientation, and general file materials.
• Oversee department projects, events and various function related procedures including updating related policies and procedures, form distribution and information/document tracking.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of experience in performing professional-level work in the field OR an equivalent combination of education and qualifying professional experience that would provide the skills, knowledge, and ability needed to fulfill the duties assigned to the position.
2. Knowledge of:
o Modern executive office management, practices procedures and equipment.
o Basic arithmetical proficiency.
o Basic research methods and techniques.
3. Ability to:
o Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records and files.
o Interpret and apply a variety of rules, regulations, statutes, policies and procedures relating to District operations.
o Maintain confidentiality of information and materials.
o Perform a variety of technical support duties related to public education administration.
o Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers, other staff, faculty
o Type with speed and accuracy to produce correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and
database management documents.
o Exercises good judgment and discretion analyzing and resolving confidential, difficult and
o Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
o Operate modern office equipment.
o Direct, monitor, and motivate personnel in performing administrative functions.
4. Knowledge of and proficiency in the utilization of standard office productivity software programs (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email), personal computers, and the internet.
5. Applicant must have demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff, faculty, and students.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and function as a member of the administrator’s team.
• Occasional work performed alone
• Constant work around and with people
• flexibility or ability to respond to multiple demands
• Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and climbing stairs
• Occasional lifting and carrying up to 15 lbs.
• Occasional pushing and pulling up to 20 lbs.
• Occasional twisting of body
• Occasional use of manual dexterity
• Occasional use of tactile acuity
• Occasional use of visual acuity from a distance, with depth, and for color
• Frequent work at a rapid pace
• Frequent reaching, high, low, and level
• Frequent audio acuity at all ranges, including speech
• Frequent visual acuity for reading
• Constant sitting
• Constant use of clear oral communication
Tools & Equipment Used
• Standard Office Equipment
Application Deadline Date
Open Until Filled. First Review date Date: October 31, 2022; In order to be considered for the first screening, application materials must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm PST on October 28, 2022.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert