ITC Operations Technician
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 19, 2022
Open Until Filled
ITC Operations Technician
Department this Position Reports to
ITC, Classroom Technologies
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Part time w/end date
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
37 Dewey Field Rd, Rm 10
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The ITC Operations Technician works with Information, Technology and Consulting Client Services teams to provide on-campus operational technology support for Dartmouth students and faculty. The ITC Operations Technician has a wide scope of technical knowledge and is able to work flexibly across areas of frontline support.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Associates or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Available to regularly work on campus.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing support demands.
- Demonstrates ability to understand client perspective and deliver client focused service.
- Demonstrates ability in supporting desktop and mobile operating systems, applications, and peripherals.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively on teams.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Frequent brisk walking; also able to drive a company (passenger) vehicle.
- Frequent lifting, bending, and twisting; may require occasional work from a ladder or scaffolding.
- Able to work mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Experience working in a technology support position.
- Experience working in an Academic environment.
- Experience using IT service management software.
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Student Technology Support
- Provides technology support for students including setup and troubleshooting for: accounts, operating systems, applications, computers, devices, and peripherals.
- Supports one or more of the following technology-related tasks: desktop support, call center, device provisioning, device sales, and technology troubleshooting.
Course Operations Support
- Supports on-campus course delivery by verifying classroom audio-visual system performance/functionality and computer functionality.
- Answers support calls and troubleshoots remotely or on site to restore service.
- Supports online course delivery through the setup, operation, and troubleshooting of teaching and learning applications including: video conferencing, content management systems, learning management systems.
- Setup, operation, and troubleshooting of audio-visual equipment for events.
- Consulting, training, and orientation of clients for self-service events.
Training and Development
- Develops subject matter expertise through training and development opportunities.
- Works with colleagues to develop new knowledge, skills, and expertise.
- Creates and maintains documentation for technical issues and knowledge.
- Mentors and works with student employees to ensure continuity of service.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Additional Document #1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert