Senior Administrative Assistant II
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 15, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The purpose of this class is to perform complex and confidential professional administrative assistant work supporting the Provost, Vice President of Instruction.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale .
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Six (6) years’ experience working as an Executive/Senior Administrative Assistant supporting Executive Leadership is required. Experience in higher education preferred. Proficient in all MicroSoft Office Suite software. Advanced knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, arithmetic, grammar, and standard business formats for correspondence, report preparation, techniques and procedures. A demonstrated ability to accurately compose effective and varied correspondence such as letters, forms, professional and technical reports and minutes in a timely manner. Applicants must complete and pass a Business Writing Test.
For best consideration please apply by January 8, 2023.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Maintain the orderly and efficient operation of the office of the Provost and Vice President of Instruction.
- Compose final reports and correspondence; process various office forms.
- Answer telephone and provide general information to the public.
- Assist with special projects and reports, as required.
- Prepare and analyze reports, produce departmental communications, as required.
- Assist in planning special events, such as meetings, conferences, ceremonies.
- Remain knowledgeable about the College, its structure, culture, policies, and practices.
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external organizations.
- Serve as an advocate for the College and its students, as required and serves as liaison between College departments, faculty and/or staff, as required.
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Provide administrative support to the Provost, Vice President of Instruction to address confidential matters including, but not limited to, union issues, personnel action forms (PAFs), constituent issues, legal issues, etc.
- Type, edit, draft, and assemble correspondence, reports, and other materials for review and signature. Proofread, correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation as needed to prepare finished documents. Arrange delivery of completed documents and may hand-carry materials to other locations as directed.
- Assemble information in preparation for meetings and coordinate the logistics for the Dean’s meetings, retreats, and other major meetings/events. Prepare, assemble and distribute meeting materials for each meeting. Serve as the conduit for researching Dean’s related issues, as requested. Take accurate minutes and distribute to noted constituents.
- Monitor and manage the budget under the Provost, Vice President of Instruction oversight and maintains financial and accounting records. Prepare and process payment of invoices/purchase orders and investigate any discrepancies associated with billings.
- Determine which matters should come to Provost’s attention and which should be forwarded to another person. Ensure cooperation with other departments as appropriate.
- Assist in planning special events, including meetings, receptions, and ceremonies, to include collaboration with other departments and their representatives regarding logistics.
- Screen mail, telephone calls and visitors. Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries; provide general information or answers to questions.
- Ensure required files are being maintained.
- Evaluate and investigate student inquiries on behalf of the Provost and prepare a draft response to urgent matters for review before dissemination.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Work cohesively with other members of the Office of Instruction to complete all required projects and tasks on time.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Assist to resolve problems and ensure cooperation with other departments and agencies.
CCBC Full Time Benefits At A Glance
BENEFIT SUMMARY Health and Medical
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Cigna Open Access Plus In Network (OAPIN)
- For CIGNA Plans - included in Cigna Plan Medical Premiums
- Kaiser - included in Kaiser Medical Premium
Emotional, drug/alcohol abuse treatment, both inpatient and outpatient, provided when pre-approved. Premium included in medical care plan.
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Traditional
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Preferred
- CareFirst Blue Cross /Blue Shield/ Davis Vision
- Benefit Strategies Health Spending Account $2,600
- Benefit Strategies Dependent Care (children under 13 and elder care) $5,000
- Employee Basic Life Insurance is 1 times your salary with a minimum of $50,000 (90/10)
- Employee Supplemental Life Insurance is available in multiples of $10,000 with a maximum of $200,000. Supplemental Term Life Insurance is available for spouse (increments of $10,000 to a maximum of 50% of employee combined basic and supplemental amount) and dependents ($10,000). Supplemental Term Life Insurance is 100% employee paid.
- Permanent Whole Life Insurance with Optional Long Term Care rider available through Unum. Available to full-time employees, part-time associates, and adjunct faculty.
- Spouse and dependent coverage available. Permanent Whole Life Insurance accrues cash value, premiums will not increase, and coverage will not decrease. Permanent Whole Life Insurance is 100% employee paid.
Individual or Family Coverage. Employee pays a rate in multiples of $10,000 to a maximum of $300,000.
Plan pays 60% of gross monthly salary after 90 consecutive days of absence. Employee pays 100% of premium.
- Maryland State Teacher’s Pension System (7% contributory)
- Optional Retirement Plan (non-contributory)
- Baltimore County Employees’ Retirement System (7% contributory)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Legal Resources is a pre-paid legal voluntary benefit for advice, consultation and representation for commonly used legal services.
First Financial Federal Credit Union membership available to employees.
It's convenient, safe, reliable and saves time. No waiting for your check on payday. The money is already in your account, whether you are at work or on vacation. Mandatory payroll direct deposit allows employees the control and flexibility of directing their pay to different accounts at any bank, in any location.
Work and Family Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Cigna Behavioral
Free personal advocates assisting you and any household member to resolve any issues.
Paid Leave Benefits
Academic, Bereavement, Sick and Safe Leave, Jury Duty, Religious Holidays, Military Leave, Sabbatical, Personal, Vacation, and Holidays.
Eligible full-time employees may qualify for waiver or reimbursement programs. Spouses and legal dependents up to age 22 are eligible for reimbursement with proof of successful completion and a C or better grade. Employee’s eligible for Tuition Assistance become eligible for the external Tuition reimbursement program the first semester after one calendar year of employment. Eligibility for waiver or reimbursement for CCBC courses begins after the completion of a 90 day probation for public safety and classified employees.
Academic Cash Award
Classified employees are eligible for a lump sum award of $500 for completion of an unduplicated college degree.
McDaniel College’s Educator’s Legacy Scholarship Program
CCBC is proud to offer an exciting new benefit to all benefits-eligible employees! Read more »
McDaniel College has extended its Educator’s Legacy Scholarship (ELS) program to CCBC benefits-eligible employees. CCBC is among the inaugural community college partners.
Children of ANY current full-time benefits-eligible CCBC employee with at least four years of continuous full-time employment are eligible to receive a scholarship valued at up to $100,000 over four (4) years.
The scholarship will first take effect in the fall semester. The CCBC Employee Benefits Team will provide verification of employment. Excellent teaching is McDaniel College's priority and its legacy. The College's expert faculty-mentors empower students to achieve their personal best, and many graduates go on to become top K-12 educators.
Since 2010, four of McDaniel's graduates were named state Teachers of the Year, including the 2011 National Teacher of the Year Michelle Shearer. McDaniel is ranked among Money Magazine's 50 Best Liberal Arts Colleges and offers more than 70 undergraduate programs of study. The personalized curriculum and student-faculty collaboration develop the unique potential in every student. McDaniel College welcomes the sons and daughters of CCBC employees!
Mandated Federal Benefits
Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Social Security.
For Your Convenience
- ATM machines are available at each of the main campuses
- Check cashing with appropriate ID
- Free Parking
- Access to weight lifting facilities, swimming pool and library
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert