Development Manager - E3 Alliance
- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 19, 2022
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Development Manager - E3 Alliance
Job Description Summary:
E3 Alliance, a nonprofit focused on systems change in education, is looking for a full-time Development Manager to establish and implement the fundraising goals and objectives for our corporate and individual major donor campaign strategy for organizational sustainability. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced development professional interested in improving equity in the Central Texas education system and its correlation to fundraising.
E3 Alliance is a regional data-driven education collaborative based in Austin, Texas. We are building the strongest educational pipeline in the country to drive regional economic prosperity based in equity . Founded in 2006, E3 Alliance acts as a cataly st for change, working to break down barriers and build better alignment across the education continuum.
- We are data-driven, student-centered, and results-oriented
- We believe a regional, collaborative strategy is the most
effective platform for scalable change .
- For all students to achieve their potential, the entire
education journey must be robust, aligned and agile .
- We build on unique precedents for successful public-private
E3 Alliance is an equal opportunity employer, and has a Best Place for Working Parents 2022 designation.
At E3 Alliance we value both the effectiveness of remote work and the importance of in-person collaboration. For this role, there will be remote work flexibility with an understanding that weekly in-person office hours and donor meetings are required.
Purpose of Position
In conjunction the Vice President of Investor Development, the primary purpose for this role is to establish and implement short and long-range fundraising goals and objectives for our corporate and individual major donor campaign strategy for organizational revenue generation and sustainability. This position will serve as lead major gift officer for corporate and individual major donor investments for E3’s Alliances philanthropic strategy . Organizational fund development elements include: donor acquisition and fund-raising events, annual giving and major gifts from individuals and corporations, and processes and systems for effectively managing investments in E3 Alliance . Supporting efforts include staff training, donor stewardship, gift entry and acknowledgement, database management, and donor research.
Major Donor Cultivation and Stewardship (Approximately 60 % of time):
- Manage a portfolio of major individual donors/ investors
(primarily corporations and major individual donors ), developing
customized roadmaps and compelling narratives to secure their
investment and reach your portfolio goal.
- Proactively ensure the organization develops strong long-term
relationships with largescale individual, and corporate
donors/funders; Personally, build relationships to ensure fund
development strategy is achieved .
- Research major donor opportunities for the purpose of
developing additional funding resources for both current and
proposed initiatives .
- Launch and guide new individual major donor campaign, E3 Legacy
Trust, to become new substantial revenue source for E3 .
- Ensures establishment of a broader and diverse donor base of
individual, and corporate giving to compliment major philanthropic
- Fully utilize DonorPerfect to track and manage the
prospect/proposal/donor lifecycle .
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and external
stakeholders to generate program and impact content and develop a
deep understanding of the work of our coalitions.
- Support senior leaders in preparing for meetings and responding
to requests from investors and providing follow-up support as
- Create and designs donor impact reports, gift acknowledgments,
and pledge reminders.
- Lead corporate engagement strategy to deepen broad based
support for special events and partnerships
- Lead and manage corporate sponsorship cultivation,
solicitation, and stewardship for Blueprint Summit, Geeks in Boots,
and other events on as needed basis .
- Work in conjunction with Development Specialist to carryout key
work components in the areas of donor database management, special
events, administrative functions, and donor cultivation and
- Responsible for ensuring DonorPerfect database structure and
reporting is fully functional and utilized by departments involved
in organizational investment.
- G enerat e strategic work products for DonorPerfect reports and
- In conjunction with VP of Investor Development, support the
Annual Development Plan for strategic direction and setting
- P ersonally, build relationships to ensure fund development
strategy is achieved
- Work closely with the Senior Directors on the Blueprint Team to
ensure that programs and initiatives have the resources to meet
short and long - range goals/objectives
- Maps investor priorities to E3 mission and organizational needs
and capabilities, understanding how to represent our capabilities
consistent with our mission and how to avoid potential major donor
relationships that could take us off mission
- Develop, in tandem with the fund development team, finance team
and Executive Director, the organization’s resource budget, monitor
ing team performance on a monthly basis and maintain ing an
on-going forecast for year-end projections .
- Commitment to E3 Core Value of achieving equity in
- B .A. or B .S. in B usiness, E ducation, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in working in development (major
gifts, grants, annual plan ) and/or education services sales
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strength presenting information in verbal, written, and graphic
form in ways that influence action and behavior
- Ability to write powerful case studies and persuasive
- Experienced negotiator
- Assertive and able to work with prospects to close deals, while
balancing commitment to the mission and prioritizing benefit to the
customers’ ability to be an effective investor in positive
- Strong, proven project management skills
- E xperience managing multiple complex tasks and priorities to
meet deliverables and deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Experience managing pipeline of sale or grant prospects
- Must have or be able to rapidly develop credibility with
education partners and prospects
- Must be experienced and adept at using DonorPerfect as a donor
investment tracking tool or comparable donor management system
- Self-directed, rapid learner, and enthusiastic about advan cing
the mission of E3 Alliance
- Must be passionate and committed to changing the education
- Minimal travel required, in the state of Texas
- Significant b ackground/experience in the education space,
directly (e.g. teaching) or through education products and
- Direct experience working with workforce and/or educational
institutions from the public, private or non-profit sectors,
preferably in Central Texas
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Excel and Microsoft Office and
web presentation tools
- Recognition and respect for diversity of culture and
The E3 Alliance is housed at founding partner Austin Community College (ACC) District, and through this partnership utilizes ACC payroll and human resource systems. Therefore, E3 Alliance staff have access to ACC compensation and benefits systems, including generous vacation and sick leave, insurance, and other benefits.
- Salary Range: $ 75K-$90 K
- Salary based on experience ; May include variable salary
component based on performance
- Health care and dental insurance, TRS (Teacher Retirement
System) retirement benefits, disability insurance, and other
generous ACC benefits
- This position is grant funded
- Submit a resume
- Submit a cover letter
- Complete the E3 Alliance Employment Questionnaire: E3 Alliance Employment Questionnaire
Job Posting Close Date:
April 21, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert