Administrative Coordinator, Office of Admissions
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- New York City, New York
- $66,187-$95,636 per year
- Posted Date
- Dec 19, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for an Administrative Coordinator in the Office of Admissions.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Strategic Recruitment, the Admissions Administrative Coordinator provides a broad range of organizational & administrative support to the Director and to the Admissions Office Recruitment Team. The position employs strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and independent decision-making in prioritizing & completing tasks and projects in a high-volume environment.
- Prepare basic reports and analyses of spending, projected costs and encumbrances.
- Process payments for all expenses for on- and off-campus recruitment activities; establish & maintain files for accurate record keeping and distribute event details as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate forms are signed and processed for overtime authorization, new hires and office work orders.
- Monitor the progress of contracts submitted for review by FIT for compliance with FIT policies, approval, and payment. Check for accuracy, note discrepancies or key changes, and make basic edits.
- Maintain recruitment calendars, all leave time for the department, and event tracking in the TrackVia, Calendly, Webex events, and similar systems.
- Guide and execute projects as assigned, such as collecting data, analyzing information and compiling complex reports and documents for the Director and other areas of the College.
- Work with the Director/designee to monitor, check for accuracy, and maintain public-facing admissions information and collateral.
- Assist the Director of Admissions and Strategic Recruitment in scheduling meetings, preparation of meeting materials and making travel arrangements.
- Reserve spaces, book audio visual, custodial, food, public safety, and other services.
- Maintain the inventory for all recruitment materials.
- Research and order office equipment and supplies as appropriate.
- Cover occasional recruitment assignments as needed.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of work experience, preferably in a high-volume higher education or customer service environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office/G-Suite and experience with student information systems and purchasing systems.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Constant; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Constant; Stand- Constant; Bend- Constant; Walk- Constant; Climb- Occasional; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift<10- Occasional; Lift 10-20- Occasional; Lift over 50- N/A; Reach- Occasional
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Salary Schedule 93; Successor Agreement (page 7)
Hiring Salary: $66,187 per year
Mid Range Salary: $82,135 per year
Maximum Salary: $95,636 per year
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert