- Champlain College
- Vermont, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 19, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Media Studies
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Champlain College seeks a full-time Communications Strategist to join the President's Office in Burlington, Vermont. The Communications Strategist will serve as Champlain's chief storyteller and manage institutional communications to support a values-based, mission-driven, and inspired culture.
Guided by the R/Evolutionary 2030 Strategic Plan, Champlain College aspires to be a leader in career-focused education and an engine of opportunity for Vermont. The Communications Strategist will curate and produce powerful, authentic stories across multiple channels (e.g, blog, social media, in-person events, etc.), shaping the overall narrative for the College. The Strategist will also manage institutional communications for both internal and external audiences.
Our ideal candidate has experience telling human interest stories across multiple platforms and can weave stories together to shape an overall narrative for the College. The successful candidate will have a deep passion for social, digital, and emerging communication strategies. Developing, systematizing and managing an institutional communications strategy that drives brand messaging of organizational and student success stories. With your application please submit social media or website links.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop, execute and manage a storytelling strategy for the College that supports the R/Evolutionary 2030 Strategic Plan.
- Identify, create and produce content- aligned to the core storytelling strategy- through a combination of individual efforts and partnering with internal departments and third-party providers.
- Manage presidential communications across platforms, including the President's social media channels and contribute to other institutional channels.
- Collaborate with the Enrollment and Marketing team, the Advancement team, and the College's public relations firm to advance an overall communications strategy; support advancement with the communications needs of the College's upcoming comprehensive campaign.
- Manage overall institutional communications, providing support and coordination to departments across the College.
- Measure success of the communications strategy through a set of clear metrics.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least four years of experience in journalism, communications and/or marketing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning and developing story-based content in multiple formats (e.g, blog, social media, in-person events, etc.) for diverse audiences.
- Ability to manage a public relations firm and other third-party providers (e.g., photographers, video production, writers, etc.) towards a set of clear outcomes and results.
- Experience evaluating success of a content strategy using data and metrics.
- Copywriting expertise and well-developed writing skills that elicit emotion and inspire action.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple partners in a higher education institution.
- Strong organizational skills; can handle multiple projects, develop systems and procedures as necessary, and deliver results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, confidential environment as an individual contributor.
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging and Justice ("DEIBJ").
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
With your application please submit social media or website links. Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=157090&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert